• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

3 hours ago, Newbie said:

This is the smartest move our organization has made in a long time. None of us expect Cam to set the world on fire but the other men in the locker room will believe in him more than Sam or PJ. It’s ok to be wrong, it’s not ok to continue being wrong. 

Will they? I don’t recall any players being upset when he was let go. I don’t think players feel like they once did about cam. His injuries and age have diminished his ability to the point you can no longer trust him in crunch time.  They may have more confidence in him than they did Darnold, but that ain’t sayin much.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Will they? I don’t recall any players being upset when he was let go. I don’t think players feel like they once did about cam. His injuries and age have diminished his ability to the point you can no longer trust him in crunch time.  They may have more confidence in him than they did Darnold, but that ain’t sayin much.  

You could see it when he went to NE or when they interview other players about him. They love him. He's influenced a new generation, his talent/potential brings an X factor to any roster, and if nothing else he seems like a fun personality to have on your team. He's an electric athelete while Sam unfortunately is JAG.

Would have been hell if Carolina players openly criticized the cut but plenty of others did if I recall correctly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

You could see it when he went to NE or when they interview other players about him. They love him. He's influenced a new generation, his talent/potential brings an X factor to any roster, and if nothing else he seems like a fun personality to have on your team. He's an electric athelete while Sam unfortunately is JAG.

Would have been hell if Carolina players openly criticized the cut but plenty of others did if I recall correctly.

Just seeing on Twitter how excited Tre Boston and Torrey Smith are is enough for me. Both great guys that have nothing to gain from it at this point, just genuinely happy for the team and Cam

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, rico6 said:

Lamelo Ball owns it now.

Jordan does, or at least used to live in that same building. I used to work in the BB&T building uptown that’s right next door. You could pick Jordan’s WiFi network from the parking deck sometimes. It was named “His Airness”. Also used to see Lambos and poo pulling out of the underground parking garage for the condo building all the time. 

• Beer 1

Wish it was a multi year deal so Cam could feel comfortable ,and give some stability to the position, an 8 game deal while being great financially for Cam, also means they could not resign him and we will be back with Sam and PJ again next year,I would have given him a 5 year deal just to prove they aren't going to screw him again 

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

Yes they will. Stephon Gilmore immediately bonded with Cam in New England and alluded to all the energy he brings. This locker room was dead in the water and good players knew that. They caused three turnovers last week and still lost by over three scores. They are going to bow at the feet. They just want someone to play somewhat better behind center.