• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know we give this coaching staff a lot of flak, but, we can all agree..

Ivan The Awesome

I've said it several times.

Outside of the QB position (which yes, is important, and is a huge black mark they need to fix), Rhule has done a great job building this team since he got here.  I really think people on here can be prisoners of the moment and forget the kind of disarray this team was in when he got here.  

Newton was coming off two injury-plagued seasons.  And post-Steelers game in 2018, his arm was completely shot and to be frank he looked bad.  Olsen was donezo.  TD was donezo.  Defense was not only bad, but old as hell.  Burns, Shaq, Donte, and Carter are the only 4 people left from that defense.  In 2019, we allowed 29 PPG.  In 2020, we allowed 25th PPG (which was SOOO much better than anyone expected given the personnel, and the defense got stronger and stronger every week).  This year, we are allowing 19 PPG.

Yes we need to correct the QB position.  And we've got to make an effort to get a long-term solution at LT, although maybe Brady can be that down the road.  But look at the game yesterday.  QB-aside, the Panthers > Cardinals.  

I think we need to not let Rhule be the one to solely decide our QBs going forward.  Leave that to the GM and talent evaluators - it isn't like we don't have a good group of them ie Pat Stewart.  As long as that is the case, I have full confidence in Rhule and the FO.  LIS, we aren't far off.  We just need to find that guy at QB.  We're just as good everywhere else on our roster as most other teams.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

I've said it several times.

Outside of the QB position (which yes, is important, and is a huge black mark they need to fix), Rhule has done a great job building this team since he got here.  I really think people on here can be prisoners of the moment and forget the kind of disarray this team was in when he got here.  

Yep. People like to forget that we went after Stafford and Watson. I thought Sam was worth a try. It's not like they gave up a "kings ransom" for him like some folks like to portray it. I think the biggest mistake that the staff made was thinking they could fix Sam's yips behind this Oline. They couldn't and now they're moving on from it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

43 minutes ago, BrianS said:

You're over-thinking the Rivera angle.

The questions you should be asking are these:  "Is there anything PJ Walker can do that Cam cannot?" and "Is there anything PJ Walker does better than Cam?"  If you answer "No" to both those questions, Cam starts.  Period.

IF we start Cam, it should have nothing to do with Ron Rivera being on the other sideline.  Lest we forget, most of what Ron knows about Cam is based on Mike Shula's "offense".  This is a Joe Brady offense.  It is up to Joe Brady to call a game that works to break those trends that Rivera may or may not know or expect.

You may be right, I just don't want to overlook Rivera. He has a knack for screwing this franchise over and I DO NOT want him to screw us over while we are in our Playoffs run. An L would derail this team in the standings. I'm not too sure about morale but in the standings for sure. The next three weeks they need to win all 3 to have a chance after the bye week. The last part of the schedule looks brutal.

50 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I still believe in Rhule, mainly because he seems very adaptable, acknowledges mistakes and moves on fairly quickly from them, and that's a breath of fresh air compared to the stubbornness from a lot of coaches. He and Fitts have revamped the roster and our defense and skill positions on offense look great. If they get the QB and OLine situation fixed, look out, because what they've done with the other 80% of the roster has been great. 

I wouldn't want to be judged based on one and a half years into a rebuild, so I extend him that leverage as far as my judgement goes.

Yes, I'm in the same position. People think you can redirect a massive ship in the blink of an eye. There are so many moving parts to an NFL organization, and you often can't fix everything in the way that you'd *like* overnight. So sometimes you take some risks/gambles because they are your best/only options, and they might work or they might not. You hope to tread water as best as you are able while you wait for that life preserver (franchise QB) to come to the rescue.

If this organization was run the way many on here seem to prefer, we'd have a new coach/front office/QB/everything after every loss.

I get it. Fans will be fans. But there are winners and losers every Sunday and every season. Jumping from one leader to another doesn't afford any opportunity to build something successful. I mean look at the league this year. The Chiefs are 6-4...ONE game better than us. And they have Mahomes, for gods sake. The 49ers were only recently in the Super Bowl and they're 3-5. Everyone moans over the fact that we couldn't get Herbert, and they're 1/2 a game better than us. The Bucs just lost to the Redskins. (WFT, excuse me.) The Titans lost to the Jets. Just a few examples.

It's a tough league, and every team is scratching and clawing to win/be relevant every.single.year.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Oh so now you all love the team now?! This time a week ago you wanted to lop off Matt Rhule’s penis and feed it to Sam Darnold 

You guys make me sick 

Different crew of posters, mayne. During the losing streak, a lot of the more levelheaded posters checked out because of the crybaby posters. Even the cartoony offseason alts came back. The estrogen level on here is hard to take duing a losing streak.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

18 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Yep. People like to forget that we went after Stafford and Watson. I thought Sam was worth a try. It's not like they gave up a "kings ransom" for him like some folks like to portray it. I think the biggest mistake that the staff made was thinking they could fix Sam's yips behind this Oline. They couldn't and now they're moving on from it.

I love Jaycee Horn, gonna be an All-Pro without a doubt he's that skilled, but if this team had Stafford... man.  I think we'd be a top 3 seed right now.  

I actually think we're a lot similar to the Rams.  Their offensive line is better, but Stafford can make it work.  Moore and Anderson would be lighting it up with Stafford.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I have never seen a front office with this much business agility. I am 100% in support of it. It is clear why Tepper hired Rhule. Rhule understands the fail fast fail often model. Which is how you get to success quicker. 

It's amazing to see this in action in a professional sport.

I will agree with that. The level(and frequency) of blunders they make is very concerning but we have never in our franchise history ever pivoted as quickly as we do under Rhule. 

I have a mountain of criticisms of the dude but when he realizes he has made a mistake, he flips quickly. Did so in 2020 and 2021. 

It is refreshing to see. Maybe he doesn't acknowledge thr mistakes publicly but he makes changes quickly.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

We still don't know if his shoulder will hold up. His age has nothing to do with his shoulder. 

Cam played 15 games for the Patriots. These were his stats in his final regular season game after 15 games of wear and tear on the shoulder.

Cam went 21-30 for 242 yards, 3 TD’s, 0 picks / 11 rushes, 79 yards / 1 reception, 19 yards, 1 TD

He was also New England's leading rusher that day.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I will agree with that. The level(and frequency) of blunders they make is very concerning but we have never in our franchise history ever pivoted as quickly as we do under Rhule. 

I have a mountain of criticisms of the dude but when he realizes he has made a mistake, he flips quickly. Did so in 2020 and 2021. 

It is refreshing to see. Maybe he doesn't acknowledge thr mistakes publicly but he makes changes quickly.

Actions speak louder than words, right?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2