• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Exactly what is “the brand”?

therealmjl

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

if Rhule with 6 games left beats gets 7 wins or beats that 1 game improvement Ron had what is your opinion then?

I wouldn’t be putting any money on that one as

the NFC East, all of the teams, 

plus Minnesota,

plus the Pats

have put the blueprint out on how to beat the ever so fabulous brain trust of Matt Rhule 

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I answer the “Brand” Question a few post back… No team developes a “brand” in a year and a half of a complete rebuild.. 

Name one?

And the direction won’t be determined until after the season.. How can you determine anything until you get to a stopping point.. 6 games left..

here is the problem I have with Rhule.  I was completly on board with a complete rebuild.  Not a huge fan of Rhule being the guy to do it but whatever.  Do it.  But that isn't what Matt Rhule is doing here.  

Complete rebuilds don't involve throwing big bucks at bad veteran QBs.  Two years in a row.   They don't involve trading away all the draft stock the Panthers have done of late.  Whether that is for Sam, Gilmore, or whoever. 

and complete rebuilds most certinaly don't involve bringing back Cam Newton after being boo'd at your home stadium 1.5 seasons in.....and begging him to go full Cam.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

here is the problem I have with Rhule.  I was completly on board with a complete rebuild.  Not a huge fan of Rhule being the guy to do it but whatever.  Do it.  But that isn't what Matt Rhule is doing here.  

Complete rebuilds don't involve throwing big bucks at bad veteran QBs.  Two years in a row.   They don't involve trading away all the draft stock the Panthers have done of late.  Whether that is for Sam, Gilmore, or whoever. 

and complete rebuilds most certinaly don't involve bringing back Cam Newton after being boo'd at your home stadium 1.5 seasons in.....and begging him to go full Cam.  

Can we all agree the QB thing is to appease the Owner.. The owner was clearly Driving  the get rid of Teddy bandwagon.. 

But again if they are able to increase the Win totals and rank of both defenses and offense then the rebuild could still be on track..

10 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I wouldn’t be putting any money on that one as

the NFC East, all of the teams, 

plus Minnesota,

plus the Pats

have put the blueprint out on how to beat the ever so fabulous brain trust of Matt Rhule 

Other then Tampa and Buffalo who else can follow that blueprint against us??

But hey @WOW!!has had some solid counterpoints and I like seeing his optimism. We definitely could use more if that around here! I’m sure a big part of us fans getting frustrated is the early success we had in both of Rhule’s first 2 seasons. I’m not all in on getting rid of him, but the QB position needs some clarity because that can quickly become a coach killer. Overall his drafts are good but his offseason FAs are to be desired IMO. The whole Darnold extension was the biggest head scratcher. 

6 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

Despite the Patriot hate on this board, I think many would agree that Belicheck is the GOAT coach, or at least in the very small groups in the discussion. Even with his career, it took him time to get to where he has. His Browns days were tumultuous. He fought a battle of developing his culture versus the culture of a hometown hero (Bernie Kosar). This was even with Belicheck having been an NFL assistant for years under one of the top tier coaches of all time (Parcells).

I swear this board is ridiculous. Many of you don’t want to give Rhule the time to grow into being an NFL head coach. Yet at the same time, you don’t want a retread. Where does that leave you? Hiring an assistantW who will need to learn and grow into being an NFL head coach. 

Your all’s lives must be so stress-ridden and anxiety-filled. If you don’t get your way immediately, blow it all up, right?

that you Ms Rhule ?