• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore

PantherBoy95

Regardless of what "we" think as Panthers fans, the bottom line is that DJ is going to get $15 million per season minimum from someone.  Curtis Samuel and Devin Funchess got $10 per year and neither of them ever approached DJ's level of production before getting paid.

I'm not sure he's worth that.  He does seem to have issues when he isn't the primary target and it's certainly led to situations where his lack of effort has cost his teammates.  I don't like that in a guy who is THE guy.

Edited by BrianS
  • Pie 1

DJ is a model citizen, fantastic receiver and nowhere near his potential. Even with bad QB play, bad scripting of plays and inept coaching, he still far outshines every receiver we have on the team -- combined.

You don't let him walk, or more specifically, you do what it takes to get him to stay. Yes, he is a first rate receiver, but we need him as much for his intangibles as anything else. There's a fair to middling chance we will have an entirely new coaching staff next season, hopefully someone that can actually coach. That guy, and us, deserves a reliable receiver and non-diva team leader. DJ fits that admirably. Pair him with the right QB on top of that and you can make a lot happen.

Is he going to cost us? Yes. And compared to other things we've committed to, he's the only surefire thing we've got going on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

46 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

DJ is a model citizen, fantastic receiver and nowhere near his potential. Even with bad QB play, bad scripting of plays and inept coaching, he still far outshines every receiver we have on the team -- combined.

You don't let him walk, or more specifically, you do what it takes to get him to stay. Yes, he is a first rate receiver, but we need him as much for his intangibles as anything else. There's a fair to middling chance we will have an entirely new coaching staff next season, hopefully someone that can actually coach. That guy, and us, deserves a reliable receiver and non-diva team leader. DJ fits that admirably. Pair him with the right QB on top of that and you can make a lot happen.

Is he going to cost us? Yes. And compared to other things we've committed to, he's the only surefire thing we've got going on the offensive side of the ball. 

I agree with everything you said.

I would also like to see him being used more like Debo Samuel. I don’t think this coaching staff does him any favors whatsoever. He’s also got speed and is very strong with contested catches, but they seem to never send him deep.

I’d resign him in a heartbeat.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

He makes plays and gets targets but it sure doesn’t feel like he’s played well this year. When announcers point out lazy route running and you are near the top in drops, that doesn’t feel like a keeper. I know it’s not entirely his fault but damn if it doesn’t feel like he’s elite. Before this season, he was a no brainer extend. Well, if Anderson hadn’t already been thrown way too much money, DJ would still be a no brainer. Our WRs aren’t good enough to have two guys making $15M a piece. 

yes dj at times looks not totally engaged, but considering our qb situation, he has been good

cant let andersons lousy play keep us from keeping DJ

The fact that he's putting up personal bests during a season where everything around him is inconsistent attests to how solid of a player he is. The man has produced with awful OL and chaotic QB play all while in a system that doesn't even attempt to scheme guys open.

Pay him!!

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

There is some legitimate criticism to be had about his effort at times. But it is tough to adequately judge that based on the shitshow that has been our offensive system. We're already down one offensive coordinator and we have been through five different qb's since he was drafted. Six if you count Cam returning a second time. If anyone here thinks the best receivers in the league would thrive and wouldn't lag from time to time under those conditions they are delusional.