• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore

PantherBoy95

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a really good receiver who seems to have regressed like everyone else on this roster. He's probably struggling to mentally stay engaged. We've sucked and had a poor QB situation his entire career. Not exactly a great situation for a WR.

Poor qb play has been DJs career here and Maryland too.

Moore and Anderson were why some thought Darnold could be ok to good here, two seemingly legit 1K threats, alongside a true three down runner. 

And then the coach forgot about this thing called an offensive line, and has made it worse with ''questionable'' position assignments.

Note - I was never on the Darnold train, I wanted Fields*

13 hours ago, PantherBoy95 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/the-latest-on-d-j-moores-injury

"Moore is just 62 yards shy of recording his third straight 1,000-yard season. If he is able to play in the team's final four games of the season, there's a real possibility that he could notch career highs in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns in a single season. He needs 16 catches, 256 yards, and one score to set new personal bests."

Not to be "That Guy", but being that guy, he will have a chance with an additional game. He would have played 17 not 16. I guess we should check averages then compare.

You can only do so much as a single player on the field. What you are surrounded with impacts your performance. Given our putrid O-line and QB play during his tenure *and* his overall performance in *that* setting, I'd say he's more than warranted getting paid.

Granted, you've got to think of the big picture when roster building, and contracts factor into who you keep or not, but he's more than worthy of being paid, whether we end up doing so or not.

7 hours ago, philit99 said:

Not to be "That Guy", but being that guy, he will have a chance with an additional game. He would have played 17 not 16. I guess we should check averages then compare.

I guess that's true. I did the math earlier, and to break it without the extra game he'd need about 85.6 yds pg. at this rate.

DJ Moore is a victim of his own excellence.

The guy makes ridiculous look boring.  His 60 yard TDs feel like a run up the middle for no gain.  It’s crazy!

Hes putting up numbers consistently in a way we’ve never seen, yet folks still wonder if he’s good.

wow.

Hes so boring and drab, his highlights feels like a BBC documentary.

But he’s damn near all-pro.

Dude's doing his best on a bad team with bad passers and no other receiving options. He'll have over 1,000 yards, again even with all that weighing down his performance. There's even a good chance that he'll have 1,100+ yards for the third season in a row.

You guys lob around "forgettable" and "ideal number two" like this guy was nothing special, just above JAG status. He's good, really good. Just give him someone who can throw the ball to him. Design some plays that aren't CB friendly.

• Pie 2

Personally, I love DJ.  This year has been problematic for a lot of reasons.  DJ has had some drops, but he's also been our best WR who isn't a RB.

But the main problem I hear and read about him is his sloppy route running.  Now he's only 25 so he's got plenty of time to work on that, but I'd really want to see him make a concerted effort to improve there.  It will help him get open more consistently.

DJ has a really laid back personality, which puts him at odds with the Michael Irvin style diva WR.  But DJ is a hard worker, plays hurt, and makes plays.  He's had his issues this year, for sure.  So has most of the team.  

I still remember one of the most impressive plays that wasn't made this year.  He ran a zig zagging route 70 yards down the field at 100 mph.  Dude made everyone else look like they were standing still.  Sam didn't throw him the ball, else it would have been an easy TD.

• Pie 2