• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder: When the panthers are in the playoffs next year under matt rhule all your crybaby overreacting posts this year will be exposed and reposted.

Gipetto

There are better ways to get some attention. But we're all Panthers fans. For me the thing is I have the added perspective of the history of our previous coaches to look back on. Looking at the top to bottom failures in roster building and gameday coaching inadequacies the odds of a miraculous turnaround are slim to none. The only path forward from here looks to be what we should have done all along. Bring in a head honcho who has actually coached in the NFL who will bring experienced NFL staff with him and not college yes men. It was always a gamble to give a Baylor/Temple HC with one season of low level NFL coaching experience one of the richest head coaching contracts in the league. Nothing personal against the man if it doesn't work it doesn't work life goes on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Ron Rivera never had a stretch of football as bad as the past 2 seasons have been under Matt Rhule.

Only stretch remotely close was under Seifert in the late 90's and those teams had maybe 30% of the talent Matt Rhule has had to work with.

If you truly are sticking up for Matt Rhule after what we've all witnessed the past 2 years I'd serious have to question your understanding of basic football.

This right here. Even at the worst of the Rivera era, I felt like they had a chance of winning every game. Rhule has been so comically bad I've had to turn off the games for the first time ever. Between watching the O line bobble around cluelessly and Matt Rhule looking like he just woke up and found himself coaching a football game, I can't take it anymore.

Oh, I almost forgot the lame excuses and deflectiing blame from the head coach. That alone should get him booted.

• Pie 3

9 hours ago, Gipetto said:

I am not okay with this product after two years but coach rhule has had possibly the hardest introduction you could have in the nfl as a new head coach with covid basically giving him one and a half years to build. 

Covid seems to the standard excuse for all problems today.  🤣

My curiosity is what has Matt Rhule done to demonstrate improvement.

Coaches have done a lot more with less in NFL history.  But a bigger thing for me is that Rhule has no improved in his game time decision making, situational awareness, and roster building.

I'm happy to be proved wrong if Rhule is able to turn things around next season, but I don't see the point in keeping him around if we're not progressing as a team.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

A new coach doesn’t necessarily fix everything…basically starting over again but with the right person this could be turned around.  I still believe in the defense.

I think that both the defense and the offense can have a renaissance of sorts with better coaching and a better O-line. It could be dramatic, but until we at least fix the O-line and luck up on a wunderkind at QB, even the defense will suffer as a result. And it's not like the defense has been playing lights-out, but they've shown flashes of being a special group. They need more competent coaches, and more time to ride the pine during games--meaning, supporting the offense as opposed to having to overcome it by pressing because of its fug-ups and inability to sustain pro-level drives.

• Pie 2