• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 FA List

Michael G

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I assume we bring back Reddick, no matter the cost because he is a Rhule guy.

I think we keep one of Gilmore or Jackson, and likely just the one that wants to return. 

I would keep Jones but I suspect he will move on. 

I would keep JJ but I suspect Rhule will throw Fletcher in there and let him go(which will be a huge mistake). 

After that it's mainly a bunch of pretty replaceable role players that we will keep a handful of. Likely we will keep guys like Miller, PJ Walker, Ian Thomas, etc. Basically just the players that no other team would have interest in anyway.

Another offseason of cap decisions driven by who and what Matt Rhule wants scares the hell out of me.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5

11 hours ago, Michael G said:

We have a ton of players out of contract next year. Here is the list according to over the cap.

1. H. Reddick (OLB)       11. F. Luvu (LB)                   21. P. Walker (QB)                  

2. S. Gilmore (CB)         12. J. Stanford (LB)            22. M. Haynes (OLB/DE)   

3. M. Paradis (C)           13. R. Melvin (CB)               23. J. Carter, Jr. (LB)

4. C. Newton (QB)        14. Z. Gonzalez (K)              24. M. Panasiuk (DT)        

5. D. Jones (DT)            15. A. Abdullah (RB/KR)      25. G. Ricci (TE/FB)         

6. J. Burris (S)               16. Alex Erickson (WR/PR)  26. A. Parker (WR)      

7. T. Scott (OL)              17. Lachlan Edwards (P)     27. F. Herron (DT/DE)                  

8. J. Jansen (LS)           18. S. Chandler (S)              28. R. Bonnafon (RB)           

9. D. Jackson (CB)        19. B. Zylstra (WR)          

10. J. Miller (RG)            20. I. Thomas (TE) 

I feel that very few of these guys should be brought back and I worry we won't have the cap space to pay the ones on the list we should bring back. Who should we bring back if possible...Which of the guys would you make a priority.

Priority: Luvu, Gonzalez, Reddick, Zylstra
Luxury: Gilmore, Abdullah, Jackson
Maybe: Chandler, Stanford, Haynes, Newton, 
No: Paradis, Jones, Burris, Scott, Jansen, Miller, Thomas, Edwards, Erickson, Melvin, Panasiuk, Walker, Carter Jr, Ricci, Parker, Bonnafon, Herron

• Pie 1

Honestly, Reddick started off on fire but really hasn’t done anything the last half of the year. I wouldn’t resign him if he’s wanting the contract we all suspect he wants. Jackson is gone. Gilmore seems happy being home so he will probably get like 7 mil per year contract which would be great. And Cam is still extremely valuable even if only used in short yardage. So I’d sign him if it’s reasonable.

Outside of that, Gonzalez, Jones, Zylstra, Haynes, Burris, Luvu are the ones I would resign. Most of the rest are just roster fodder.

• Pie 2

Fun thought game, for sure!  No idea what the Panthers will actually do.

Here's mine

1. H. Reddick (OLB) - Got to think if Rhule is back, Reddick will be resigned.

11. F. Luvu (LB) - He's a must keep guy.  He plays with so much energy!                                           

2. S. Gilmore (CB) - No clue what he really wants, but I'd love to keep him as a vet presence and starter

22. M. Haynes (OLB/DE) - He's a good depth guy for sure.  Though will probably get signed by Buffalo.     

14. Z. Gonzalez (K) - Before he got hurt, he looks like the guy we need to be our kicker.                    

5. D. Jones (DT) - I'd love to see him back, very good mentor, but might get paid elsewhere.            

15. A. Abdullah (RB/KR) - Loads of speed, I like him as a complimentary piece.                     

9. D. Jackson (CB) - I really thought he was playing very well.  He might get a prove it deal, or he might leave for the paycheck.         

19. B. Zylstra (WR) - I really like his utility.  He's a useful piece and he should be pretty cheap.

I love Cam, but this isn't the place for him anymore.  Breaks my heart, but Cam either needs to retire or find a place that's going to be a better fit.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Let Reddick go. Get 3rd rd comp in 2023

Let Jackson go. Get ~4th rd comp in 2023

Resign Gilmore for 2 yr - 8 mil per max. If he wants more, move on. 

Resign Luvu, Gonzalez, Jansen (if he doesn’t want to retire), Abdullah, and Carter (if he’s willing to sign as a depth piece). 

Sign Trubisky to compete with Darnold. 

I agree with this.  Let most of the vets go.  Play the young guys.

I'd add erickson (I don't remember him even bobbling a ball this year), Zylstra, Haynes, and Ricci for cheap if possible.

I'd consider Mariota if Trubisky is out.

Just no splash signings - let's keep our comp picks and develop the guys we have.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

With how young the Secondary is Gilmore could be more then a luxury.. With Horn, Henderson and Taylor all under 23.. Having a vet with Gilmore experience could help in the long run..

You can get an experienced veteran CB for a LOT cheaper than Gilmore. It's not that I don't want to keep him, I just don't think it's a wise way to use our cap space when we should be investing in the OL.

Plus, by the time we're even close to being a playoff team Gilmore will be aging and no longer a top corner anyway. I just can't see paying a guy his age $14M+ a year when we have so many more pressing needs elsewhere.

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

When looking at this...taking into account:

Position & Player Importance to this team, other FA's (can we upgrade with the same money), and what I think our mess of a front office will do... I see the following coming back - 

Zane G. (Needed unless we plan to draft one late)

Frankie L. ..(Carter wont return over Luvu)

Reddick...(Rhule guy... don't know if he accepts though) 

Gilmore (Team friendly but respectable deal. Extremely good mentor for Horn, Henderson, Taylor and Pride)..not to mention he still has gas left in the tank. 

Also predict they'll lowball Donte. He'll net us a nice comp pick. 

Burris wont be back. 

Zylstra is up in the air...

Either Cam or PJ is coming back. My gut says Cam via Tepper influence. 

All I got. 

Keeping Gilmore is a must with investing in Horn and Henderson. Horn needs to be healthy and Henderson needs to wake up. Let him play the slot. Every time we say we need to upgrade Burris, we don't and we throw scrubs back in there at safety. Chinn hasn't had a superb year, so technically safety also remains an issue once again. Not as bad as offensive line though.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Keeping Gilmore is a must with investing in Horn and Henderson. Horn needs to be healthy and Henderson needs to wake up. Let him play the slot. Every time we say we need to upgrade Burris, we don't and we throw scrubs back in there at safety. Chinn hasn't had a superb year, so technically safety also remains an issue once again. Not as bad as offensive line though.

I am not sure why you folks are banging the gilmore drum, the dude hasnt played jack poo since he got here and is hurt again?  Why pay money for that?

18 hours ago, Michael G said:

We have a ton of players out of contract next year. Here is the list according to over the cap.

1. H. Reddick (OLB)       11. F. Luvu (LB)                   21. P. Walker (QB)                  

2. S. Gilmore (CB)         12. J. Stanford (LB)            22. M. Haynes (OLB/DE)   

3. M. Paradis (C)           13. R. Melvin (CB)               23. J. Carter, Jr. (LB)

4. C. Newton (QB)        14. Z. Gonzalez (K)              24. M. Panasiuk (DT)        

5. D. Jones (DT)            15. A. Abdullah (RB/KR)      25. G. Ricci (TE/FB)         

6. J. Burris (S)               16. Alex Erickson (WR/PR)  26. A. Parker (WR)      

7. T. Scott (OL)              17. Lachlan Edwards (P)     27. F. Herron (DT/DE)                  

8. J. Jansen (LS)           18. S. Chandler (S)              28. R. Bonnafon (RB)           

9. D. Jackson (CB)        19. B. Zylstra (WR)          

10. J. Miller (RG)            20. I. Thomas (TE) 

I feel that very few of these guys should be brought back and I worry we won't have the cap space to pay the ones on the list we should bring back. Who should we bring back if possible...Which of the guys would you make a priority.

Re-signing Zane Gonzalez has to be priority #1 

• Pie 1