• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith weighs in on Panthers situation

Cary Kollins

3 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

wonder if this is something Olsen saw a'coming, too?

"The TE is another long term Rivera veteran who is electing not to play for Matt Rhule"

Wouldn’t surprise me.  He’s a smart guy.  He also wasn’t very good anymore, he was terrible with the Seahawks before he retired.  But I’ll always appreciate Third Leg, he was so clutch and I can’t remember him ever dropping a pass except maybe once.  That Seahawks come from behind win in 2015 had me over the moon.  Good times.  

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Luke fled too. I think these were not accidental. 

At first I didn't agree, but Luke especially was a guy that took on a different role and then quit what seemed like a great opportunity for him, and as time goes on, I'm more on your and others side that he got a peak at the emperor before he unveiled his new clothes...

• Beer 1

Why does it seem like everyone from all former players to regular everyday tubby message board guys seem to realize what's wrong with this crap team except Rhule and his boys? How is this even possible? Why does this dude even have a job this evening and how in the absolute hell will he still have a job after black Monday which we all know Tepper is going to keep this turd around for at least another year maybe two. Absolutely blows my mind. Somebody please show Rhule the door ASAP!

• Pie 3

54 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

We'll know for certain if Luke comes back fast in whatever role he'd like if/when we get a new HC.

Luke said he left to hunt and fish… this guy lived and breathed football for years.  Maybe the reasoning is true, but I definitely think once the coaching staff showed their ass to him he left in a tizzy.  He would be such a great coach.  His knowledge for the game is on the level of Peyton Manning 

4 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

The fact we have so many former players seeing the BS shows me I am not crazy in thinking the Panthers are a clown show. 

It’s funny how people keep bringing up the current players and how they praise Rhule and there are multiple former players who aren’t so kind. There aren’t many players on a NFL roster who will publicly criticize their coach.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

A business man isn't going to bail after year two of a seven year investment. Rhule is here for five.

A business man worth 15 billion isn’t going to keep an employee around who he knows is costing him money. Rhule probably gets year three, if he continues on his current trajectory he definitely doesn’t get a fourth, much less five.

• Beer 1