• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speculation : Could Tepper have been waiting for for Pittsburgh's season to end?

trueblade

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

The Colbert part was good, I'd love to see that kind of consultant come in and take a look at things.

The Tomlin part doesn't work, though. Tomlin doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh and no one in that organization is going to seriously want him to walk. 

0*O2Jp0CpD7AKGdSiv

• Pie 1

I would just lock this thread before anyone gets stuck in the rabbit hole. 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Colbert will stay till after the draft 2022. 

Tomlin have a contract through the 2024 season. 

And the first post clearly says its pure speculation or in other words. There is NOTHING to discuss here. 

Oh, I'm no fun? Let's start a thread which successful GMs and coaches that likes cats, and therefore could step in and save this franchise because you know. If you like cats. Why wouldn't you want to have a big black cat like Sir Purr. 

Sir Purr GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, peteywheatstraw said:
4 hours ago, ladypanther said:
Expand  

As much as I dislike Sizzles posts..  I believe he's trying to say that those are the minority owners.  Not that they are the ones that specifically wanted Tomlin fired.  The wording is a little tricky.  I guess it's up for interpretation.

Exactly.

"...the minority owners planning to lobby Rooney to fire Tomlin come from a group that includes..."

The article then lists 13 minority owners...could have been any of them, or none of them for that matter.   

Tomlin would have ZERO interest in coming here. LUCKILY coaches care about money first and foremost and Tepper has lots of that. However, as a 5% owner of the Steelers only, how close was he to anyone there anyway?

"Hey, Mike. Remember me? No? Oh. Well I'll pay you whatever you want to come to Charlotte. Yes, the one in North Carolina. Um ... who is our QB? :mumble: :cough: . So ... you ready to leave history, lore, fame, rings, a proud fan base, and respect ... for some green paper? Yeah!"