• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship games thread

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I would never bet against Burrow but unless the Bengals defense plays out of their mind I don’t see the Rams losing this one. 

The Rams are good but they were playing for field goals at the end and waiting for Jimmy G to throw an awful pick. I do not expect the fourth quarter to go that way for them against an offense with Burrow Mixon and Chase.

• Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

The Rams are good but they were playing for field goals at the end and waiting for Jimmy G to throw an awful pick. I do not expect the fourth quarter to go that way for them against an offense with Burrow Mixon and Chase.

Rams and San Fran was a physical game...I still don't think the Bengals can out physical the Rams...KC is a finesse team if I've ever seen one.

And this is why you don’t trust QBs like Garoppolo. Give him an elite offensive line, an elite offensive play-caller, an elite skill position group, and an elite defense, and he can only go as far as his team can carry him. He doesn't make them better, he holds them back. Meanwhile, Joe Burrow is in the Super Bowl with a terrible offensive line and a defense ranking 19th in DVOA. 

If there's one lesson to take from this game, and these entire playoffs, it's that elite QBs elevate flawed teams while average QBs limit great ones.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd say numerous errors by the Rams were the only reason they were in the game to start with. That's the thing. An elite QB gives you a margin for error. Everything has to go perfect to win playoff games with Jimmy G.

More than perfect. SF needed a blocked punt to beat Green Bay. That's a rare play.

One thing to point out. It's not like the 49ers are unaware that Garoppolo is a limiting factor. They did, after all, draft Trey Lance. The fact that Lance hadn't already taken over the starting role by now, however, is very concerning. If we find out that Lance is not the guy, then it's the harsh reality that we could be stuck trying to find ours for a long time just like the bulk of the league that doesn't have one.

6 hours ago, outlaw4 said:If we find out that Lance is not the guy, then it's the harsh reality that we could be stuck trying to find ours for a long time just like the bulk of the league that doesn't have one.

It will prob take us 10+ years.

14 hours ago, AggieLean said:

And this is why you don’t trust QBs like Garoppolo. Give him an elite offensive line, an elite offensive play-caller, an elite skill position group, and an elite defense, and he can only go as far as his team can carry him. He doesn't make them better, he holds them back. Meanwhile, Joe Burrow is in the Super Bowl with a terrible offensive line and a defense ranking 19th in DVOA. 

If there's one lesson to take from this game, and these entire playoffs, it's that elite QBs elevate flawed teams while average QBs limit great ones.

This reminds me a lot of what Steve Smith said recently on the Pat McAfee show.  The topic was about Wentz but it still applies.  

• Pie 1