• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Eli Apple

Mr. Scot

23 hours ago, hepcat said:

Let us not forget that Rasul Douglas had a solid season for the Packers, Zach Kerr is also playing for the Bengals, Denzel Perryman was a pro bowler. Does the list continue???

That sounds like they do have an eye for talent though.  To bring all those guys in.   Perryman and Apple milked injuries and didnt want to play it seemed.  Douglas looked really good at first and then fell off some.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, trueblue said:

Rhule has been awful.. but lets be real here.. 

Apple was picked #10 overall by the Giants, benched repeatedly and called a "cancer" by his teammates, including Landon Collins specifically. Traded with a 7th for a 4th games into his 3rd year... Top 10 pick gone after 30 games played and 23 starts. 

Saints declined his 5th year option.

Agrees in principle to a deal with the Raiders, deal falls through

Signs with Panthers, plays a little, hurt, eventually released. 

Rhule has sucked.. but lets not grasp for straws on an unattributed comment made to a guy who hadn't exactly been a model NFL player, nor one who has ingratiated himself to his employers... Read the Huddle and Rhule apparently told a Jalen Ramsey level talent to take a walk, not the replacement level corner Apple actually is. 

The comment could very well have been- you won't play in the NFL unless you work on X, Y, and Z.. Hearing part of a story and running with it as fact rarely makes sense. 

I think (not sure) the person sending this tweet was the same one about a Rhule and Cam tif which also led to a 10 page thread.  If the goal is to create hype and clicks, we have success.  Journalism standards are optional.

Plenty of proven things to indict Rhule on without having to speculate on gossip.  

• Pie 1

On 1/31/2022 at 5:29 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously, what makes him think he's even qualified to make a statement like that?

Between this and the whole "I could leave for a college job and more money if I wanted" thing, I get the definite impression Rhule thinks he's a big deal.

In reality, he's just a small man who's full of sh-t.

This is possible.  Eli was acquired by the Saints, approximately 2 years ago.  Last week he trashed Sean Payton and the Saints.  It sounds to me Eli has a problem with authority.

Matt Rhule could have been mad beyond his breaking point, when he made the statement.

• Beer 1

On 1/31/2022 at 6:22 PM, Mr. Scot said:

First off, obviously he was wrong. Apple is in the Super Bowl.

But second, right or wrong, that's a sh-tty thing to say to somebody.

Now, not only is Apple getting the last laugh but this makes Rhule look like a colossal a--hole.

If there is anywhere close go real the media better grill Rhule on it next chance they get. They are capable of making him uncomfortable. I’m beginning to think Rhule is actually a raging hemorrhoidic asshole behind the scenes. 

Apple doesn't seem like the best of teammates and sort of like a spoiled brat but if it's true what Rhule said he is one overconfident prick and most people enjoy watching jerks like Rhule fail which gives us bad Karma. The more I hear about Rhule the more I dislike him as a coach but also as a person. I wish he would just get fired or a job elsewhere and go away

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fox or Hurney?

Think it was Hurney who was supposed to have called him "a marginal receiver".

Marty later said he used the word "unproven" rather than "marginal".

Nah, it was Fox... after the fight with Bright in the film room... Fox told him something to the effect of... "I'll be here a lot longer than you will."

Didnt quite work out that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I called it early in the game that Apple was going to be the death of the Bengals in that game and sure enough it was true. Rams absolutely abused his ass on their final scoring drive with Kupp. Apple is definitely not the guy you want coving one of the best in the league currently. The guy every now and then will strike gold and play clutch like he did against Tyreek Hill but more often that not he straight up gets burned.

• Beer 3