• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You’re Matt Rhule…. What are you doing?

ncfan

Not saying this is good for the franchise but this is what I’m doing if I’m Rhule

Restructuring current contracts to free up as much money as possible for this year. 

Throwing wads of Cash at Ryan Jensen and Terron Armstead. Moving BC to guard and going into 2022 with Armstead, Christensen, Jensen, Elflein and Moton as my line. 

Begging Cam to come back on a two year deal. 

Attempting to trade Darnold for a day three pick and praying that I don’t have to eat all of that fifth year  

Trading back into the teens, picking up a second and taking either Willis or Pickett. Tying myself to one of those qbs may help get me another year if the team finishes with 7 to 9 wins but misses the playoffs.  Taking the best de prospect in round two. 

I'm admitting my mistakes, and advising Tepper that the learning curve has been real. I'd tell him that we knew it wasn't going to be easy but it's going to take a couple of more seasons to get into the playoffs because the rush job didn't work out. I'd thank him for his patience and believing in me.

option 1:  

Try to trade for an established QB, such as Carr or Cousins, I don't think Rodgers or Wilson are options.  If that doesn't work out go with someone like Fitzpatrick.  Draft a LT with pick 6.  Hope BC can play one of the guard spots.  Sign a vet guard for the other spot.  Division should be down, hope to sneak in the playoffs.

option 2:

Draft the QB in this years draft that you think is most ready to play year one and hope he can show good progress.  Hope BC can play LT, draft and/or sign some OGs.  Hope QB gets better as the year goes on and you can sell that to the owner.

Option 1 is probably the highest probability of saving his job.

Realistically the best option long term for the team is probably to roll with Sam for one more year.  Try to draft a LT, unless you are really sold on one of the QBs, if you can trade down and still achieve one of those goals even better.  Be cheap in free agency, save your cap space for next year.  Play the comp pick game.  Maybe even consider trading one or more of your young guys that might command a huge salary, such as Burns or Moore.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like we have to explain this a lot...

His job isn't to know more about football than fans. That'd be easy.

Rhule's job is to be better at coaching football than guys like Sean Payton, Bruce Arians and Bill Belichick.

What he showed last year is that he's not even as good a football coach as Joe Judge, Mike Zimmer, our old friend Ron Rivera and several other head coaches who wound up getting fired.

So yeah, if bragging about being better than fans is all you've got, welp...

I think what people who don’t coach don’t understand is that players play, and coaches coach. Look at every single press conference that Shaq Thompson had. Do your job. He’s talking to players who weren’t doing it, or pressing because they kept losing trying to do too much. Sticking with Rhule this year is the smartest choice. If it fails, it fails. We will see. 90% of the flack he catches from this board is from unintelligent fans, who see wins and losses as signs of progression or regression, vs. the development or implementation of a plan/process as it develops. Continuity is a big deal, and we will see what happens. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I think what people who don’t coach don’t understand is that players play, and coaches coach. Look at every single press conference that Shaq Thompson had. Do your job. He’s talking to players who weren’t doing it, or pressing because they kept losing trying to do too much. Sticking with Rhule this year is the smartest choice. If it fails, it fails. We will see. 90% of the flack he catches from this board is from unintelligent fans, who see wins and losses as signs of progression or regression, vs. the development or implementation of a plan/process as it develops. Continuity is a big deal, and we will see what happens. 

Idiot Youre Stupid GIF by FaZe Clan

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Try to get Fitt to sign James Daniels this off-season, suring up a guard spot with a guy who can also play center. Could also target Connor Williams. Goal being to secure IOL help with a young free agent. 

Trade back and draft Howell later in the first. 

Use 2nd or 3rd rounder acquired in trade back on WR. I know it doesn’t seem like a need right now, but I need leverage for upcoming DJ Moore contract talks. Need to be comfortable enough to trade him for assets if he wants too much $. Remember, we’re likely moving on from Anderson after next year.

Use all other picks on BPA while trying to target OL/MLB/S in that order. 

QB: Darnold/Howell (until mid season) - gives us best chance at drumming up trade interest for Darnold, which is currently near zero, while allowing Howell time to get acclimated. We’re not challenging next year so prep for a playoff push in 2023.

OL: Christensen/Daniels/Elf/Brown or rookie/Moton

WR: DJ/RA/TMJ or 2nd/3rd round rookie —-> This room could look a lot different the following year. 

Defense: Stays mostly in tact except we add a MLB or S (or both) from the draft. Luvu is resigned to play OLB. Plenty of options in secondary. 

Try to convince Tepper and Fitt that we’re setting up for years of playoff runs starting in 2023. 

This is pretty much the plan. Only difference is I agree with the trade back but  target QB and OL as opposed to WR with the acquired 2nd or third.  

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

unintelligent fans, who see wins and losses as signs of progression or regression, vs. the development or implementation of a plan/process as it develops. Continuity is a big deal, and we will see what happens. 

I guess Bill Parcells isn't very intelligent about football since he said "You are what your record says you are."

If the Panthers' team had shown clear improvement this season, I'd be willing to give Rhule a pass at the poor record.  But the team post CMC's injury was just abysmal.  Seven losses in a row to close out the season.  Even horrible teams like Detroit and Houston were playing .500 for their last few games. 

And it wasn't just the losses.  By almost any metric the offense was abysmal for the 2nd half of the season.   QB play (from his chosen guy Sam Darnold) was atrocious.   

Rookies we had high hopes for like Brady Christensen, Deonte Brown, Terrance Marshall and Tommy Tremble had no impact (or didn't even play).  And top 2nd year players like Jeremy Chinn and Derrick Brown seemed to regress as well.  So there was poor player development across the board.

There doesn't seem to be a plan here at Carolina.  There's nothing the team seems to be building toward.  It was just constant ineptitude in the second half of the season.  That's what the fans are upset about.  And rightfully so. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

54 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

That sounds well and good until the fans that have been saying stuff on a message board all season like play BC at LT because he's better than anything else we have happens, and oh look, he's better than anything else. Or Brady is running a very simple offense defenses are predicting which proves to be the case all year as they constantlyjump routes. Or Sam can't read a defense at the line. Or Chinn is playing out of position and being neutralized by our own coach. Or Brown should be playing over Miller because sacks don't just happen.

So while we may just be "fans", ir would appear that the Huddle has more common sense than Rhay-Z. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

I’m laughing at the huddle meltdown over my supposed cluelessness. Because I know 10x more football than any dipshit, overweight, BBQ eating fug on here. 

Yet we were still blown off the field by a Joe Judge led Giants team 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

So basically, you actually buy in to the notion that the process is working but we can't see it.

Wow 😖

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

I agree, only an idiot would judge a teams success with wins and losses.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3