• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Alexander on Rhule/Fitterer/Morgan, re: roles in roster building

ellis

16 minutes ago, ellis said:

Jon was a guest on my show yesterday— I thought he provided some interesting perspective on the power dynamics within that building. 

Still fascinating that final say on roster decisions are reportedly baked into his contract. You have to take the good with the bad, and there’s been plenty of bad, and some good. 

Here’s the full interview below, if you’re interested.

Thats what happens when a coach has leverage, and during the hiring process he had it whether it was warranted or not.

Also people need to realize this doesn't automatically absolve Fitt and/or Morgan of being responsible for some of the bad personnel decisions that have been made.

I seriously doubt Rhule is doing all of the leg work on his own.  For example, last offseason they all get together and decide they need free agent help at the LT position.  I would think Fitt and/or Morgan do most of the research, maybe one of them comes up with the idea of Erving and then Rhule has final say if he wants to veto it.

• Beer 1

Just now, therealmjl said:

Tepper is even dumber than I originally imagined if everything stays status quo.

It's a cycle. 

Something happens -> I say something incendiary against Rhule/Tepper -> people on here call me negative, say it's ridiculous, poo on all of it -> it comes true in short order, the whole Huddle minus Shocker accepts it as fact -> Something else happens

• Flames 1

24 minutes ago, 1st down said:

I still don’t understand why an owner would give final say on personnel to someone who had zero experience on an NFL level.

Because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Doing things differently is a way for him to show it.

Of course, that only works if he succeeds (which he isn't).

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Does the "final say on the roster" include the final say on draft day and the picks that go with them?  Because if that is the case that is truly insane that Rhule has that authority. 

Per Jonathan, Matt has the final word on all Panthers roster moves. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Doing things differently is a way for him to show it.

Of course, that only works if he succeeds (which he isn't).

But we know it's working 100,000% because he said so. What else do we need? Certainly tangible proof isn't necessary to dumb fans.

39 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

There is no hope as long as Rhule is here.

There has never been a time in franchise history that we had no hope.

Never. Even   Bossa Nova gave hope.

Here is the sad/scary part, I think that we may end up saying the same thing with "Tepper" in that sentence.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2