• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers resign JJ Jansen

ECHornet

1 hour ago, Krovvy said:

I'm glad you want Rhule fired, but that doesn't change the posts you've made, and then poof didn't make the last few years. It's not like you're anonymous.

So Smithers loves the sixth round long snapper the Panthers drafted, even if he has to sit a couple years to be coached up by Rhule to snap the ball.

Yeah, and I'm the one not coming across as intelligent.

spacer.png

Did I say I loved him?  Nope.  I said y’all are getting too worked up over a 6th round pick.  Which you are.  Get over it.  Or maybe get a job and learn what real world problems are.

Edited by Smithers
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The thinking must be giving Thomas Fletcher camp competition instead of just handing him the job 

He got manhandled by the Ravens in preseason so he probably just sucks in blocking. Rhule liked him because, quote, "He's just like, a regular guy!". I'm sure he wants to play and we coulda got him in UDFA but it wasn't exactly a pressing need when there was Trey Smith and a couple DT's available that were not gonna be available post draft

• Pie 2

Man I'm still baffled as hell by this one. Jansen seems like a good player and super reliable etc but what on earth did we waste the draft pick on the other guy for then? This is just one of MANY weird foolish and goofy moves by Rhule that tells me he should not be allowed to have the power he does with our team. I can see it and so many others but why in the world can't Tepper see it? As ridiculous as it sounds I swear I could probably coach and run this team at very minimum just as good as Rhule and it should not be that way. For his salary he should be worlds above me or most others but I guarantee you there are guys as assistants who I would put money on could run this team much better. Hell I bet Luke K. could come coach us on game days and practices and give the personal control to Fit and I bet that combo could easily produce more wins and more success year after year than Matt Rhule ever will be able to. Why in the hell is he even still here?

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Most smart teams use late round picks on players with major red flags like (injuries, off field issues,  physical talent but never did anything in college) not a long snapper.. The only way to make this move sane was having him replace JJ because JJ is at the end of his career and they can't even do that right..

Smh lol 

Yeah, I remember reading that Jansen wasn’t sure if he even wanted to come back this year.  After the Fletcher pick, seemed like it’d be his last year and Fletcher would take the reigns from next year on.  But nah 😂 Fletcher must really suck.  Glad we’re not going to roll with him if he’s not good enough.  People are memeing the signing but JJ is as good as it gets at LS

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, The Huddler said:

the young buck can still win the job.  i assume this is for competition

I'm sure it is. It's going to be tough for this rookie to supplant the best long snapper in Panthers history.  Especially since he was on IR his rookie season. 

I get trying to stash the rook because JJ is still the best for Christmas sake. But his contract ran out so I assumed it was the rookie no matter what. Hard to figure Rhule logic. 

• Poo 1