• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hint they are playing a regular season game in Munich

amcoolio

On 2/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, NYPantherFan said:

Knowing our luck, the NFL will have us play in Germany and keep us in Europe to play the Saints in the UK the week after.

Would suck but honestly that’d give y’all an advantage considering y’all would be acclimated far better to the time difference being there 2 weeks, even if we’d get there only 6 days before the game. 

Edited by Iron Saint

On 2/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, PhillyB said:

i've never been to germany. i wouldn't be able to resist the opportunity.

i'll go even if rhule is coaching but if darnold is starting that'll be the one thing that stops me.

It's my favorite city I've ever been to...while there treat yourself and take the trains over to Switzerland...

Peter King says that with the 2022 and 2024 seasons, the Panthers and Tampa both have 9 home games on the schedule - so it should be fairly straightforward that this season or '24 would be our Munich debut.

Question is who the NFL sees as a bigger first year Munich draw: us or the Bucs. Based on what appeared to be a larger Carolina presence for the London CAR-TB game, there's an argument that the Panthers could see the 2022 game on the docket. 

But, since Tampa has a better performance track record right now - they may be a "more exciting" team to watch in 2022, albeit without Brady.