• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your thoughts of the "going all in" approach that the Rams took?

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have liked to see the Panthers trade several draft picks for Joe Thomas in 2015. We would have won the SB that year TBH. Doesn't help that with the power of hindsight, our drafts after the SB really sucked.

I think if you are close you trade those picks like Rams did with Von Miller. A rookie isn't helping you as much as him.

• Pie 2

Not a fan of the all in one one season approach.  Injury can easily squash any season.

then you are left in a mess for years and talking about what if the injury bug didn’t get us. 

I mean there is a reason McVay is looking to get out of town.  Winning in the near future is going to be really hard. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5

I said it then and I said it now but we had posters thinking it was outrageous to do so, once you have the most Important position locked in(qb) the clock starts ticking, we spent too much time during cam’s prime questioning whether he was a franchise guy instead of surrounding him with what we needed to consistently compete for a chip.

i also wanted us to trade up for a wr like evans or Odell instead of settling for Benjamin 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have liked to see the Panthers trade several draft picks for Joe Thomas in 2015. We would have won the SB that year TBH. Doesn't help that with the power of hindsight, our drafts after the SB really sucked.

I think if you are close you trade those picks like Rams did with Von Miller. A rookie isn't helping you as much as him.

It’s one strategy. They almost got beat by a team that took the ‘suck until you’re good’ approach. 

• Beer 1

We could’ve won it in 2015 if we’d just adjusted for Von Miller.  He did what he wanted all night and Shula did nothing to help Remmers.  That, plus the uncharacteristic fumbles from Tolbert and Cam.  We win that game like 4/5 times imo.  In the words of John Fox, just a bad day to have a bad day lol.  But yeah Joe Thomas would’ve helped.  

Going “all in” works if you can consistently crank out quality players in the later rounds of the draft, then fill the big holes with established, reliable players like Stafford and Ramsey.  We can’t draft that well and high profile players don’t want to come here.  We just have to hope we can draft some quality guys to hang on until Rhule is gone.  Either that, or he does a lot of DMT and has a revelation with Football Jesus 

My thoughts are the salary cap and our coaching staff. The Rams offensive plan in the SB had to change when OBJ was injured and it did. Our coaches wouldn't have adapted that well or nearly that quick. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s one strategy. They almost got beat by a team that took the ‘suck until you’re good’ approach. 

The Bengals took the 'suck until you fall back assward into an elite franchise QB and the best rookie WR ever' approach. They're an awful organization and Burrow and Chase would be wise to force their way out of there at their earliest opportunity.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bengals took the 'suck until you fall back assward into an elite franchise QB and the best rookie WR ever' approach. They're an awful organization and Burrow and Chase would be wise to force their way out of there at their earliest opportunity.

Very true. Arguably the worst owner in the league.

But it does show there are multiple paths. It’s the oldest path.