• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers losing the fan base?

BurnNChinn

18 minutes ago, RJK said:

They’re reaching hornets and hurricanes level of suck while those teams surge. Modern day sports franchises can turn it around quickly tho. Hopefully tepper chooses wisely after rhule is fired by week 10 

Hurricanes are the only Carolina pro team worth a damn. Hornets suck again, if they ever stopped and just gave fans false hope. Carolina Panthers are at least consistently sucky these last few years and have given little to no hope whatsoever.

Find it so funny that our hockey team is the most consistent out of every pro team we have. In a state that is known for basketball. Hurricanes have become so consistent I don't even wonder if they are gonna make the playoffs every season. 

I would love that for the Hornets and Panthers, but I feel we are a long way with the Panthers, and Hornets, I don't know, maybe they will start winning in spite of the circumstances and have a special year where they surprise people with a deep playoff run. (Sigh)

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Literally none of that made sense at the time.  Robby was massive the year before.  Sam was literally the only decent option at his age.  All these moves were good at the time and made sense.  You are leaving out the many defensive adds we made that absolutely worked out

Lol. WTF are you talking about?

This is a level of delusion that would make 4Corners blush.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

what exactly would you have done differently?

1)  get a lot of NFL experienced staff from day 1 - this is crucial, especially at OC.  The Brady hire was not a smart move for a rookie NFL coach.

2)  Keep Bridgewater - he's OK as a transition QB.  Provides time to build up the rest of your team.  Also avoids the big dead money from cutting him 

3)  Rhule's drafts were fine - I could live with the guys he took.  Maybe another OL from rounds 3/4/5

4)  Don't move Brady Christensen and Deonte Brown all around the OL.  That was idiotic.  Pick one position for them to learn.  Also have them start the last 6 or 7 games so you actually know if they can play or not.  

5)  after CMC's first injury, convert him to slot receiver to keep him on the field

6)  be conservative with your salary cap - don't buy high on Robbie Anderson after the only 1000 yard season of his career  

This team would have more continuity (and likely productivity) on offense, better rookie development (especially on the OL) and a much cleaner salary cap.  

Edited by BlitzMonster

59 minutes ago, Shocker said:

BTW…Rhule did in fact do something…he addressed the defense which has a great future.  I really can’t see any viable denial on this

This defense better be the best the NFL has ever seen because they're going to have to hold every team to 7 or less for us to have a chance with our high powered 3 and out offense.  

• Pie 1

This is like a car manufacturer producing overpriced, terrible, unreliable vehicles and then someone with one sitting in their driveway trying to mock other people for not wanting to buy one of the overpriced, terrible, unreliable vehicles.  But look, the left turn signal works and it only uses a quart of oil between fuel refills! Maybe the 7th recall will be the one that fixes the myriad of issues! It used two quarts of oil per tank of gas before the last recall! The process is working! 1000%

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

37 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

2)  Keep Bridgewater - he's OK as a transition QB.  Provides time to build up the rest of your team.  Also avoids the big dead money from cutting him 

👍

Smart suggestion.

That said, the truly vehement haters with the most acerbic current takes were wholly united against TB5 and blamed it all on him at the time…

…brings to mind the age old axiom — be careful what you ask for 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

I don’t see next season as a wash whatsoever.  Another building block to greatness.  Many real fans are excited to see what these guys do with their backs against the wall.

Honest question.. and don’t be discouraged, now is the time to own it and lay down the foundation for a better version of “you”… but… are you high? 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There's a difference between sticking out the rough times and tolerating incompetence. Rhule has shown he has no idea how to run an NFL team, evaluate talent, or put players in a position to succeed. Demanding better than arrogant failure does not make me less of a fan. 

Said by someone who has no skill to do it… or credit for having done it. It’s like writing a book on war, after watching the movie Navy Seals with Charlie Sheen. Come on. 

• Flames 2