• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore is amazing

Zod

Lol Moore avoids contact he would never be a HB

Moore is alright, lot of garbage yards since being drafted, gives up a lot on routes and blocking…drops balls, part of a motivation problem. not a red zone threat at all. above average cb will shut him down so not quite elite tier

hard to evaluate really but resigning is good with me so long as it’s not stupid numbers because Moore will never carry the offense, will need another above average quality WR to pair him with..or TE

• Pie 2

Coming up as a RB in HS/college and given the time in the weight room, I have no doubts Moore would have been a legit NFL RB. I think you guys are the crazy ones, just born in the WR era and he made an easy transition. Hes the one of if not the best tack breaking WR in the league....you dont think that would help as RB or his tree trunk legs/build??

Moore is wasted here. This team mismanages talented players like no other.  So far he has not been paired with an OC or QB that knew how to get him the ball in space.  DJ is lethal in space. He has yet to have a qb that can hit him in stride. Yet he still gets 1200 yrds/season. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, shaq said:

Most under appreciated player on this team. Am I the only one who remembers our last playoff game years back agains the Saints? Our starting wide receivers that game were (Devin Funchess, Kaelin Clay, Brenton Bersin, and Russell Shepered) not a single NFL caliber WR in that group. Had we had DJ Moore back then we would have won that game, ironically that game is a big reason we drafted DJ Moore.

2017...replace with DJ Moore we win that game and possibly the next one. How could I forget Funchess losing the game winning catch in the lights...or the missed FGs...or the Clay drop in the endzone(iirc)....lol really wasnt meant for us to win that game. 

Just goes to show just how much of a beast Cam was in his prime. He carried that offense.  

As for this thread, DJ is going to get PAID. Underappreciated for sure. 

Fact: In seven years (4 NFL - 3 NCAA) DJ has put up consistent yardage despite having 15 different QBs. (7 NFL - 8 NCAA). 

Lol, everywhere he goes the qb's carousel. 

The only thing holding him back from more notoriety is his lack of touchdowns. Even in college he never passed double digit TD's. Strange trends. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Coming up as a RB in HS/college and given the time in the weight room, I have no doubts Moore would have been a legit NFL RB. I think you guys are the crazy ones, just born in the WR era and he made an easy transition. Hes the one of if not the best tack breaking WR in the league....you dont think that would help as RB or his tree trunk legs/build??

He would scare the hell outta me as a full time RB. I can tell he's really hates getting hit cleanly..then again who doesn't?.. but not being funny but everytime he gets hit I hold my breath while he's getting up/recovering. I cant question his toughness but his durability in that situation would keep me on edge. 

On the other side, maybe he would have broke out of that if he had more time to focus on that one position and get his mind right for it. Might have been Jonathan Stewart 2.0. I will say he has most of the skillset needed. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Moore is wasted here. This team mismanages talented players like no other.  So far he has not been paired with an OC or QB that knew how to get him the ball in space.  DJ is lethal in space. He has yet to have a qb that can hit him in stride. Yet he still gets 1200 yrds/season. 

Preach

4 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Has been my favorite Panther since Cam left, would be a real shame if we don't keep him around

Have we EVER kept any of them around??

I remember reading a "why your team sucks" article on year and it made a great point, no one hates their own players more than the Carolina Panthers.

Cam, Peppers, Smitty, Beason, Thomas Davis, Josh Norman, Bradbury, cant think of his name right now but that big fat awesome DT (Chris something, Jenkins maybe?), Starr, and many, many more. Sure, one or two was past their prime, but many of them were just flat out released or cut. 

I don't have all of the info in front of me, but it would be really interesting to see exactly how much we got in return for these players departures. I am willing to bet, even if the return was all of them combined, it would be one very sad and pathetic result.

• Pie 1

Yay! Yards! Give me more yards!

DJ was targeted 163 times last season. Among the most in the NFL. You can get any WR in the NFL and produce 1000 yard seasons with that many targets. There are only a handful of WRs that were worse than DJ and one of them was Robby Anderson.

While DJ is one of the most targeted receivers in the NFL, there is a dramatic decline in 1st downs per target, catch%, and TDs per target where DJ is among the worst in the NFL. What does this mean? It means he gets the most opportunities in the NFL, but his production per opportunity is among the worst in the NFL.

DJ and Robby together are the 3rd most targeted WR duo in the NFL.

You could start Jamison Crowder and Brandon Zylstra with Sam Darnold (who is among the worst in the league), target them 273 times, and they will out produce Moore and Robby.

Jefferson, Diggs, Hill, and Adams have been targeted the same. They convert their targets into catches. Their catch% improves year after year topping 70%. DJ's goes down with the more opportunities he gets. They convert 100+ receptions with those opportunities. DJ has yet to break 100 receptions. The others on the list produce more 1st downs and TDs with their opportunities. DJ is among the worst in the NFL when it comes to 1st downs and TDs per target.

Total yardage is overrated. There are #3 WRs on multiple teams that will give you the same production as DJ, and there will be 5+ more receivers entering the NFL in 2022 that will be an upgrade over DJ.

DJ continues to trend downward while the other trend up or remain among the best WRs in the league. The rookie WRs coming into the league will not outproduce them.

We may as well be celebrating a RB who gets 1100 yards every season with 315 carries (3.5 yards per carry) for 6 TDs, and among the worst at 1st downs per carry. Then we can blame the OL and OC for his ineffectiveness.

I'll change my opinion when DJ stops the drops, sells out for 1st downs that are not perfect throws, and has a desire to fight for the endzone on every play.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Lol Moore avoids contact he would never be a HB

Moore is alright, lot of garbage yards since being drafted, gives up a lot on routes and blocking…drops balls, part of a motivation problem. not a red zone threat at all. above average cb will shut him down so not quite elite tier

hard to evaluate really but resigning is good with me so long as it’s not stupid numbers because Moore will never carry the offense, will need another above average quality WR to pair him with..or TE

Literally none of this is correct.

12 hours ago, BrianS said:

DJ is 6'0", 210 at draft

CMC is 5'11", 205 at draft

Not sure if that makes DJ a RB or CMC a WR.  But they do have similar builds.

The two would be the best WR pair in the NFL given the chance, and both could be moved into the backfield on plays with ease. 

Talk of trading either two of these is traitorous and would strip this team of any positive future in the next five years.