• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up Yes or No: Do you want the Panthers to Trade for Deshaun Watson? If we do, will you still be a fan?

Ricky Spanish

Watson Poll  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Panthers to trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you still be a Panther Fan if we trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It will be interesting to see how many of you that don't want him, leave the team and cheer someone else.

I'll quit following the team if a trade is made for Watson, but I won't cheer another NFL team. The Panthers are the only NFL team I watch now. If I give up on them, I'm done with the NFL altogether. College will satisfy any football cravings I have easily enough.

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It will be interesting to see how many of you that don't want him, leave the team and cheer someone else.

I won't be surprised if something happens this weekend after his court on Friday. 

It all depends on how this is resolved and when/if we decide to trade for him. I won't cheer for another team. At least for now Rhule isn't at Michigan so I can still enjoy college football. 

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I'll quit following the team if a trade is made for Watson, but I won't cheer another NFL team. The Panthers are the only NFL team I watch now. If I give up on them, I'm done with the NFL altogether. College will satisfy any football cravings I have easily enough.

I went several years just enjoying the game of football without having a favorite team.

It wouldn't be hard to do that again.

Hell, it's actually less stressful.

• Beer 1

I always wish we could see a study done between the people who don’t want Watson because of potential sexual misconduct compared to people who vote for politicians with past/ open sexual misconduct cases. Since I know the latter is high, especially in North Carolina where the bulk of our fanbase is, I’d be pretty confident in assuming the vast majority of those people who pretend to not want Watson would be back relatively quickly if they “left” the fandom. 

edit: and no, I genuinely don’t care about your political preference. I just think the Pearl clutching is interesting given how people view similar cases in other facets of their day to day life 

Edited by UnluckyCharms

15 minutes ago, UnluckyCharms said:

I always wish we could see a study done between the people who don’t want Watson because of potential sexual misconduct compared to people who vote for politicians with past/ open sexual misconduct cases. Since I know the latter is high, especially in North Carolina where the bulk of our fanbase is, I’d be pretty confident in assuming the vast majority of those people who pretend to not want Watson would be back relatively quickly if they “left” the fandom. 

edit: and no, I genuinely don’t care about your political preference. I just think the Pearl clutching is interesting given how people view similar cases in other facets of their day to day life 

I'd hope most people would hold their favorite QB and elected officials to different standards but this is America...

Edited by MechaZain

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I went several years just enjoying the game of football without having a favorite team.

It wouldn't be hard to do that again.

Hell, it's actually less stressful.

My interest in football over the last decade has dwindled down watching Panthers games and the SB. This past season is the only playoff series where I've watched most of the games.  

No, I don't want to trade for him. I wasn't a fan of how much poo Houston was wanting for him even before the allegations came out and they seem to still want to try and get that much even now.

Having said all this, if the team does trade for him, I wouldn't like having Watson at QB (Unless he gets cleared of each and every allegation against him which given the amount of them likely isn't going to happen) but I'd still like to see the rest of the team succeed. I am a guy that likes to give 2nd chances but Watson's case is a tough one to do that with. He'd have to do a TON of work off the field and even then it'd be difficulty to build back trust.

Don’t want to trade for him. Will still be a fan if we did. I feel like these chicks jerked him off for money, consensually. I feel like he just has a thing for getting hj’s from strangers. That’s all good man.

But if he actually forced anyone to do something I do not want him here.