• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up Yes or No: Do you want the Panthers to Trade for Deshaun Watson? If we do, will you still be a fan?

Ricky Spanish

Watson Poll  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Panthers to trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you still be a Panther Fan if we trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

Yes. You don't win in this league without a franchise QB. We would have a top 10 QB for the foreseeable future and would bring excitement back to the Carolinas. I don't think people understand just how fuggin good Deshaun Watson is. It's either him or we get to see another year of Darnold or a rookie 🤮

• Flames 1

Anyone who says no will come back eventually if the team is winning again. American values have been front and center for years. If people truly gave a damn major sports would have been suffering long ago. Instead viewership is way up.

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

29 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

See the Polls.

For those of you who do want Watson; Would a trade similar to what the Broncos sent to Seattle for Wilson (Two 1sts, Two 2nds, a 5th and 3 players) be worth it on our end?

Please vote and discuss. 

Nooooo that's a stupid price plus his salary cripples the  cap 

• Pie 2

My wish is that we could hit on a QB in the draft however, how many QB's have Denver went through to get to this point. They realize not every QB makes it. I do not condone what Deshaun has been accused of but I try and keep his age in mind. Who are we to judge? Would we want people to judge us? I look back at my early 20's in college and if I had his money, I'm sure I wouldn't make good decisions. 

• Pie 1

I lean towards No and No myself, but the second "No" is really complicated.

I think in a vacuum, I'll be honest, I could potentially see myself doing enough mental gymnastics that would allow me to still pull for the franchise if no criminal charges are filed against Watson. But it's not just that, it's all the dipshittery leading up to the decision to make the deal in the first place that makes it feel like pulling for this team is a lost cause. 

Hiring Rhule, Extending CMC while he still had years left on his rookie deal, Releasing Cam, Drafting all Defense in 2020, Signing Teddy to a dumb contract, trading Teddy, Trading for Darnold, signing turnstiles to play on the line due to "versatility", Drafting a Corner in the 1st round in the 2021 draft, trading a 2022 3rd for Henderson, Signing Cam back Mid Season to try and fix the Darnold Boner, Rotating QBs in the middle of games, not playing the linemen they actually took in the draft and then playing them out of position when they do, "Short Arm"-gate 1 and 2, going 2-12 the final 14 weeks of the season, and finally - retaining Rhule for a lame duck season in 2023. 

The above isn't even a full list of all of the dumbassery this franchise has engaged in over the past 3 or so years.

Trading For Watson would be the poo icing on the poo Cake that has been Carolina Panthers football since Tepper took over. Mortgaging the future for a guy with that kind of baggage with the limited cap space and talent currently on the roster SCREAMS short sighted and profoundly stupid, especially taking into account the track record of the current regime. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2