• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper hired a private investigator to look into Deshaun Watson

Zod

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I don't know that the Texans will be getting 2nd rounders as well. We really don't know know exactly what they'll want, but it will be a lot. I don't think we should offer 3 1sts, multiple seconds, and two players. Hell no. I'd need to know what I have exactly moving forward to make a plan. There is a point where I'd walk away from the deal.

If I'm a team moving on Watson, I'm trying pretty hard to make the Wilson deal the ceiling. On the flip side, I'm sure the Texans are trying to make that the floor.

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I don't know that the Texans will be getting 2nd rounders as well. We really don't know know exactly what they'll want, but it will be a lot. I don't think we should offer 3 1sts, multiple seconds, and two players. Hell no. I'd need to know what I have exactly moving forward to make a plan. There is a point where I'd walk away from the deal.

This has been covered before.

More specifically, the Texans are said to want a total of five to seven assets, including three first rounders, plus two second rounders or high level players.

These are not rumors. This is what the Texans have been telling teams that asked about him.

10 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The worst thing you can be in the NFL is a team without a high quality QB.

Actually I'd say the worst thing you can be is a team that just gave up a ridiculous haul of draft picks and players for a quarterback who's then found guilty of a crime or suspended or some such.

Then not only do you still not have a high quality quarterback, but you're also out what you traded for him.

(and no, the Texans will not accept conditional picks; even if they did, what if something happens after the picks you traded have already been used?)

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
21 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The worst thing you can be in the NFL is a team without a high quality QB.

Actually I'd say the worst thing you can be is a team that just gave up a ridiculous haul of draft picks and players for a quarterback who's then found guilty of a crime or suspended or some such.

Not my words.

That said, agree with your analysis.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Then not only do you still not have a high quality quarterback, but you're also out what you traded for him.

(and no, the Texans will not accept conditional picks; even if they did, what if something happens after the picks you traded have already been used?)

I don't want to trade for Watson while his legal matters remain unresolved. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum, well maybe one guy, who wants to trade for Watson while he's still in legal trouble. So I don't think you need to point out how bad it would be if we traded for Watson before he's clear of his legal woes.

I didn't know you were a spokesperson for the Texans? They may or may not accept conditional picks. There's a scoop.

Is it true that you don't want Watson here for moral reasons? Never mind the trade deals. You wouldn't accept a trade for Watson if we gave up only a 7th round pick. Correct?

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lol this is incorrect 

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

I didn't know you were a spokesperson for the Texans? They may or may not accept conditional picks. There's a scoop.

It's been reported in numerous stories, several of which have been linked to this board, that they won't.

Could they change their minds? I suppose, but at no point have they shown any inclination to do so. Neither have they shown any willingness to lower their demands.

And a quick hint: You could try actually reading some of the stories that get linked here. But if that's too much trouble, don't complain when somebody tells you what's in them.

7 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Isn't Watson the guy who wanted more of a say in Texans management/coaching decisions?

Pretty sure it was an issue of contention until his massage envy popped up.

If Watson settles his legal issues and comes to Carolina, I doubt Deshaun's tolerance for Rhule's three ring circus lasts more than a season.  Then Watson will force Rhule out the door, just like Rhule forced Hurney to take a hike.

Watson would earn major points with me if he was able to force Rhule out the door. Professionally, I mean. 

• Beer 1