• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

2 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Cousins was extended in Minnesota today. Only way Saints are getting Watson is if New Orleans offers more then the Panthers, no team is going to base their entire offseason around him if they are not 100% sure they will get him. A holdout would last until the draft, New Orleans isn't going to not sign FAs for the chance Houston won't keep holding out. 

Highest bidder gets him, Watson has no choice, Houston could sue him for his signing bonus if he refuses to play.

Highest Bid means nothing. Not with the NTC

Just now, AggieLean said:

If it takes Chinn and Burns then so be it. Get it done 

At this point it's not just about getting Watson, it's about keeping him out of the division. We have to do what we have to do at this point, if he goes to New Orleans, he will be there for 13 years. 

• Pie 3

Just now, TheCasillas said:

McVay and Stafford were orchestrating the deal while in Cancun together. We were what the saints are in the Watson deal. A late contender. 

rams and lions discussed the trade first. Which we all found out shortly after the deal transpired 

I thought the Rams were the late contender, not us?  The deal was all but done (Stafford to the Panthers) when McVay invited the Stafford family to Cancun and the rest is is history.   Point being, the better offer got declined because the player wanted to go elsewhere.  If Watson does end up with a team other than Carolina, don't be shocked if we actually had the best offer on the table.

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Hell, that's my ideal scenario. I don't want Watson because the cost is too high for a rebuilding team imo, but I don't want Rhule either. That's best case for me lol. 

I think either Watson agrees to the trade if they fire Rhule, or Tepper fires Rhule because Watson won't agree to the trade because of Rhule and we actually get a good coach and rebuild. I see a win/win

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If it takes Chinn and Burns then so be it. Get it done 

I hate to give up Chinn in that big of a package, but Matt Rhule apparently doesn't know how to use him anyways.  I'm mostly concerned about the 3 1sts, but at least we're not giving up our 2nds as well I suppose.

I would think we'd have to lock in DJ Moore long term at that point, and then spend our 2nd and 3rds on OLine and defense the next couple years.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Highest Bid means nothing. Not with the NTC

I'll say it for the 4th time, New Orleans is not waiting 3 months to sign FAs or a QB (or extend Winston). Watson grew up liking the Panthers and Falcons, if the NTC held that sort of power, he would go play in Atlanta to play in his home state.

The NTC can act as a tie breaker for two teams who have similar trade packages, not as a means for the Saints to give a vastly inferior package to Houston. #18 to #6 alone is about the value of 2 1sts and a 2nd, Houston is not giving that up because Watson said so.

If Houston hold out, New Orleans will be forced to forego being active day 1 of free agency and be forced to plan for the draft without certainty of even having draft picks.

Only way NO gets Watson is if it's a draft day trade and they give 4 1sts.

If NO doesn't have the cap or picks, no trade can happen. Carolina can pick a player for Houston at #6 if they need more time. They will starve out New Orleans.

Edited by Chiefzack
  • Pie 1