• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

22 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I've said it elsewhere, do whatever it takes to keep Burns and Chinn, while still giving them value.

3 1sts, 3 2nds, a 3rd, Brown, CMC, Darnold.

Agreed. This is the best scenario...if it happens like this then this off season is a win hands down.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Asaria said:

Well....Bye.

I want the team to win, but not enough to cheer for a serial sexual assaulter (or at the very least, someone I can't in good confidence say ISN'T a serial SA). I've been a lurker/member of this board for 15 years, and have watched *every* minute of every game since I was a fan, every draft pick, every practice recap, etc. I'm about as hardcore of a Panthers fan as they come, and I'll be far from the only one to walk from the team if we trade for Watson.  

Edited by Coheed
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Clout chaser throwing out BS on the off chance his guess is correct so that he can bolster his fake insider credentials for the future

I wish people had a better sense of sniffing out the BS on Twitter before wasting peoples time on here. Twitter accounts that have like 100 followers and get 2-3 likes on average don't know poo

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I’m saying from the Texans perspective it makes no sense. Why would you take an overpaid oft injured rb and Darnold? The report is we have the best deal by a lot. I think people need to mentally prepare for burns or Chinn or both to be gone. If it really is cmc and Darnold and 3 1sts that’s a fuging steal: 

You mentioned dead cap which only applies to us and which makes it make more sense for the Texans. The contract would be much better for them than it is for us since we've already paid him his signing bonus. He's still an elite offensive player, easily a top 3 skill player in the league.

Darnold is a throw in to make the salary cap work. They aren't contending this year and it's just 1 season then they move on from Darnold, with Watson's cap hit gone that's easy for them to take on for 1 season.

Part of why we have one of the best deals is we have the 6th overall pick. Other teams' picks this year who are actually in the mix are much lower.

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m saying from the Texans perspective it makes no sense. Why would you take an overpaid oft injured rb and Darnold? The report is we have the best deal by a lot. I think people need to mentally prepare for burns or Chinn or both to be gone. If it really is cmc and Darnold and 3 1sts that’s a fuging steal: 

I've been saying, replace one of those marquee names with an extra high pick.  I'd throw them an additional 2nd for Burns and Chinn each, if that's what it takes.  We have two proven commodities in them, so we need to keep them if at all possible.

I'd even be more comfortable with giving up Jaycee.  I think he's a phenomenal player, but the foot injury scares me a bit and he still is fairly unproven as he only played in 3 games as a rookie.

But anyway, 

I'm thinking 3 1sts, 3 2nds, and a 3rd, plus Brown. CMC, Darnold.  It also needs to be considered, this is a #6 overall pick in the 1st this year.  That's crazy value alone.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Coheed said:

I want the team to win, but not enough to cheer for a serial sexual assaulter (or at the very least, someone I can't in good confidence say ISN'T a serial SA). I've been a lurker/member of this board for 15 years, and have watched *every* minute of every game since I was a fan, every draft pic, every practice recap, etc. I'm about as hardcore of a Panthers fan as they come, and I'll be far from the only one to walk from the team if we trade for Watson.  

This is the equivalent of people being like “I’m gonna vote for Biden! But I’m not gonna like it!” Nobody cares dude you can just leave without saying anything.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2