• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

Just now, travisura said:

Honestly there's just too much poo slinging to discern anything meaningful from today's announcements. Although it might be noteworthy that Rapoport basically hand waived away the potential cap issues ATL has with Matt Ryan.

Yeah I just heard the restructure hasn’t been submitted. That throws a wrench in this but we’ll see.

It doesn't matter if ATL can acrually, realistically get him or not.  Honestly, if he doesn't make a decision tonight after meeting with the Browns, we're not acquiring him.  It means he's already heard our pitch, and if we actually have the best offer on the table (which according to all reports, we do), then the only thing holding it up is him because he desperately is trying to find a better situation than us.

If he doesn't make a decision tonight, I'm honestly over it.

One thing I don’t believe anyone has mentioned is what this is actually Deshaun’s camp just trying to get a larger guaranteed portion out of the Panthers when they extend and restructure his contract? It seems to me we’re not really negotiating with Houston we are more or less trying to negotiate with Deshaun to entice him more in order to choose the Panthers.

Not scared or worried. Still have him coming here in the end. Makes too much sense in the end for it not to be. 

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Tepper is getting dog walked by the NFL right now 🤣🤣

How so? You knew other teams would get involved once they saw the bidding was going to get serious. He WILL actually be traded this time, and it will be to a team that both of them agree upon, whether its us or someone else. 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I just heard the restructure hasn’t been submitted. That throws a wrench in this but we’ll see.

That would be an awfully convenient tidbit, now wouldn't it.  And if true, this poo is confirmed to be fuging rigged.  AGAIN.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

How do you figure that?

Tomorrow there will be another team besides the falcons. All this to force tepper to overpay for a player that doesn’t want to play here. So whether the panthers get Watson or not, Tepper got played and played himself.