• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

Just now, frankw said:

Multiple Super Bowls really? And you have been loving having the highest paid running back in the league with no viable starting quarterback. Do you not like winning or what?

Texans had Watson, a prime JJ Watt, Clowney, and Hopkins didn't even make it past the 2nd round of the Playoffs. Now because the Panthers are giving up Burns, and maybe Chinn with 3 first rounders the Texans are going to the Super Bowl? 

giphy.gif

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Statistically that isn't unfair, though.

I see all the people throwing his stats out there but Cousins is the classic counter argument to those guys.

Cousins has always had solid stats man. But something with him just not winning like he should. 

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Multiple Super Bowls really? And you have been loving having the highest paid running back in the league with no viable starting quarterback. Do you not like winning or what?

You think giving up all your high draft picks for three years, plus all of your good players equals winning MORE?

2 hours ago, ncstatekwi said:

I find it interesting there is very very little to no coverage of Deshaun Watson on ESPN or NFL.COM.  I wonder if they are making a statement here.  There is definitely a lot of TB12 TB12 TB12....hmmmmm.....

Might have something to do with Brady being one of, if not, the biggest star in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

They definitely are...  I said the same thing yesterday.  When we have been the frontrunner, the national media dies down to a whisper.  When another team seemed to be getting in the driver's seat, they were frothing at the mouth to tweet, retweet, and report.

What have the Panthers done since 2015 other than lose? A bad small market team is not a ratings or click producing thing.

2 hours ago, ncstatekwi said:

Very Very Very interesting....hmm...I have a lot of theories....but it is extremely odd...even on ESPN and FS1 yesterday...its either all about how the LAKERS stink poo or TB12....whispers about WATSON...

The Lakers, the marquee NBA team, have 4-5 guys that most say are all HOFers and that people assumed would be the most super of super teams. Nobody saw this coming, so it's news as the NBA season makes the final push to the playoffs.

It's not some conspiracy against the Panthers, Charlotte, or the Carolinas. It's all about the money, ratings/clicks, and big market teams.