• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, Call Me James said:

Wmif we have a QB that performs at a high level we're a playoff team.

If the oline improves, the run game shows consistency, we put up more points in the red zone and get teams off the field on 3rd and long we're pretty damn legit team.

Not all of our issues are personnel though. We have injury problems and poor coaching as the two biggest issues imo outside of QB and two OL positions.

If we don't land Watson we continue to look at improving the OL AND SCHEME and see what happens because there aren't any other transcendent QBs available this year.

I agree with the last point. Look at San Francisco as a reference. They have had a surprising amount of success with the QB not being the focal point of the team. Did they draft a guy they like? Of course, and you should do that if the right player is there. But they didn't force anything, sat him a year, and went with Jimmy G despite the fact that everyone knows he isn't a franchise QB.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, mwa78 said:

This place has become unbearable. Many of you have gone WAY overboard with your criticism of Tepper. This looks like it is a definite swing and miss but at least we have an owner now who is willing to play ball. I don't think he is going to stop until he gets us a legit QB but it could be a little painful along the way.

I also cannot take anyone serious who thinks the answer is to draft a QB at # 6 that in a normal year, would not even be a first round draft pick.

People just gotta find someone to blame everytime something falls threw. Thats always the case.

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

who the fug is they

if i had to guess whoever "they" are are just talking out their ass cause they heard that someone heard that someone else heard something

your friends on the Huddle and bits of pieces of circumstantial evidence we scholars are piecing together.  It may not be the result we are hoping for, but it is a beautiful thing.  Watson is supposedly meeting with the Saints again.

• Pie 1

Story of Watson meeting with Saints for a second time last night, if true,  tells the tale

again, why would any top level QB  want to come play for Matt Rhule 

…and the poo show he has created here plus treatment if Bridgewater, Darnold, Newton  and again Newton  and Watson are friends  what do you think he told him ?

Tepper’s most  prized and coveted  free agent and all the money he has didn’t bring Watson  here 

it’s not over until the press conference but it sure isn’t looking good for ole Dave 

Edited by raleigh-panther

3 minutes ago, mwa78 said:

This place has become unbearable. Many of you have gone WAY overboard with your criticism of Tepper. This looks like it is a definite swing and miss but at least we have an owner now who is willing to play ball. I don't think he is going to stop until he gets us a legit QB but it could be a little painful along the way.

I also cannot take anyone serious who thinks the answer is to draft a QB at # 6 that in a normal year, would not even be a first round draft pick.

If you're gonna go full simp mode for an accused sexual predator, you gotta deal with the backlash.

If you're gonna hire a college coach who didn't beat a ranked team to a top 10 salary, you gotta deal with the backlash.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

your friends on the Huddle and bits of pieces of circumstantial evidence we scholars are piecing together.  It may not be the result we are hoping for, but it is a beautiful thing.  Watson is supposedly meeting with the Saints again.

Already met with Saints again, last night.  Saints are the only team he met with 2x.  And the Saints owner was in the meeting this time.  AND the saints cleared enough cap $$$ to sign him THIS MORNING.

The sources are the beat reporters for Houston and Saints.  This is legit info.

As a new owner, Tepper made some critical errors - 1) he did not hire a seasoned GM right away to navigate the NFL waters, 2) he hired a college coach without a lot of professional ties to be the HC, who 3) hired a college OC and DC without the pro pedigree either. We are an NFL franchise run by college guys. And outside of Brady’s Burrow stint, not even prominent college guys. 

Not only does the league probably not respect us, I know our connections and contacts must suck. And when you do that you MUST be successful on the field. You can’t give years and hope they figure it out. And you certainly can’t show up to court a Top 5 QB and think you’re gonna land him, even if you are holding the biggest bag. I’m sure Watson’s folks did their research and were like, “they don’t have real football people in place for us to be successful. Cam probably told them as much.

”You ain’t gotta get ready if you stay ready.” We showed up to the dance not ready EVEN AFTER a year. Still not ready. That’s unforgivable.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Story of Watson meeting with Saints for a second time last night, if true,  tells the tale

again, why would any top level QB  want to come play for Matt Rhule 

…and the poo show he has created here 

Tepper’s most  prized and coveted  free agent and all the money he has didn’t bring Watson  here 

it’s not over until the press conference but it sure isn’t looking good for ole Dave 

Again ...

But 8 -28 Dennis Allen is a perfect coach for a QB right???

• Beer 1

We're not getting Watson?

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

On top of all my personal feelings about Watson which I won't belabor here, the amount of draft capital money he would cost would have hamstrung this team for the better half of a decade. We aren't close to contending. We have bad pieces, and bringing in one good piece isn't going to elevate the entire team.

Rebuild the line, use the draft picks we're keeping to add developmental talent, roll with Sam, and leave our team in better shape for the next regime to take over next year.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2