• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, countryboi said:

some of yall are way way too invested in this. Watson decision is not a reflection of anyone but Watson. its a zero sum game. if he doesn't come here and (its a 75 percent chance he wont) we move on to something else. 

Yes but it is so much fun. The most fun I have had following this teams for a LONG time. 

I like Sheena, but whats funny is two days ago, when people were bringing us up as the preferred destination because of the proximity to his home and college, she tweeted out people would be surprised how little that factors into big-time athletes decisions on where they choose to play.

My, my, my how her tune has changed.😂

• Pie 3

41 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Naw he’s just waiting to see where Watson lands so he can join Honey Badger, Armstead, OBJ, Travis Kelce, Derrick Henry, and Pat Mahomes who will all demand a trade to play with Watson.

the UGA college kid told me so

You forgot Landry and Julio 

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

I’m just sitting here thinking that’s probably the most depressing part of this.
The Panthers have the ability to sign him, put talented pieces around him and has a staff plus an owner that are head over heels for him. Yet, it seems that he’s looking at the Panthers and saying “Nah I’m good”, or “You’re not my first choice“. What is really seems to suggest to me is there’s something about the Panthers, or there’s someone on the Panthers that he doesn’t want to be associated with. I’d be willing to bet that players or coaches around the league have told him to steer clear of the Panthers because they are dysfunctional organization. 
Which of course is in contrast to the pitch that they made to him.

Everyone in this transaction are belly gazing and throwing blame right now.  They are all wondering why he hasn't decided yet. 

We have the worst record of any team trying to land him right now.   

Some players see that as a challenge.    

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I like Sheena, but whats funny is two days ago, when people were bringing up as the preferred destination because of the proximity to his home and college, she tweeted out people would be surprised how little that factors into big-time athletes decisions on where they choose to play.

If I had a dollar ever time a media person changes their turn I would be a millionaire. 
Bet it will changes a few more times. First Panthers were on top, then the Saint got involved and they were on top, then the Falcons got involved and now they are on top. 
Browns are just happy to be here. 
No one knows anything. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I like Sheena, but whats funny is two days ago, when people were bringing up as the preferred destination because of the proximity to his home and college, she tweeted out people would be surprised how little that factors into big-time athletes decisions on where they choose to play.

This. There is literally no reason why Atl would be above the other three. Btw, that’s not knocking DW. That’s his right. Atl just isn’t a good on field situation.

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

If I had a dollar ever time a media person changes their turn I would be a millionaire. 
Bet it will changes a few more times. 

The "insiders" have been especially inaccurate in this process. You know, you gotta scoop the story first even if it's wrong.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Zod said:

The truth is right now Deshaun probably is concerned with what community would accept him the most. The answer to that is Atlanta, no doubt. Hard to put a price tag on not getting heckled or chastized when out and about. 

That’s gonna happen anywhere. We got a fugton of Clemson fans in NC/SC. I get what you’re saying tho. Just trying to keep the dream alive!

8 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Source of what?

Have you not seen all the articles about Tepper pushing hard to chase all these QBs no matter what?

That's what I'm referring to.

I have not. No doubt he wants these QBs, but don’t we all?

Giving his staff the green light to be aggressive is different than forcing decisions on them.

Is he forcing them to do things they don’t want to do or not? That’s the ‘source’ I’m asking for.

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Bet it will changes a few more times. First Panthers were on top, then the Saint got involved and they were on top, then the Falcons got involved and now they are on top. 
Browns are just happy to be here. 
No one knows anything. 

Seriously though.  It seems like a lot of the chatter from yesterday indicating that the Falcons were in the drivers seat has completely stopped.  Now its like nobody knows at all who hes gonna pick.  Seems like we're back at square one again. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MGH1989 said:

This. There is literally no reason why Atl would be above the other three. Btw, that’s not knocking DW. That’s his right. Atl just isn’t a good on field situation.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, if I had made it to that level, I KNOW playing at home would always be my preference.  But then again, once you reach that level, any place can become your home and you adapt to it.  And I'm about as loyal as loyal can be, I mean, look at me, I'm still a Panthers fan after getting sharted on year in and year out.😂  So, that being said, I have a hard time imagining if I was in DW's position that I would be so overwhelmed and consumed with the opportunity to play for my hometown team that I would forfeit the ability to actually be competitive in better situations elsewhere.

But, I guess we'll see...  

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Zod said:

The truth is right now Deshaun probably is concerned with what community would accept him the most. The answer to that is Atlanta, no doubt. Hard to put a price tag on not getting heckled or chastized when out and about. 

Great point.

• Beer 1