• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

This is a great summary, kudos.

Like other egotistical dipshits in his field of finance, he really thought he could stroll into the NFL and disrupt decades of networks, hierarchy and precedent and outsmart the rest of the league.  And of course it went down as a massive failure because running the rent-seeking business model of Appaloser Management doesn't actually prepare you for any real skills building something

Fify

7 minutes ago, mwa78 said:

This place has become unbearable. Many of you have gone WAY overboard with your criticism of Tepper. This looks like it is a definite swing and miss but at least we have an owner now who is willing to play ball. I don't think he is going to stop until he gets us a legit QB but it could be a little painful along the way.

I also cannot take anyone serious who thinks the answer is to draft a QB at # 6 that in a normal year, would not even be a first round draft pick.

Its mostly whiney bitching hoping to get rid of Rhule.  They  are the self righteous, true "fans" who want to "win" by losing a lot next year, to get rid of a coach who underperformed by two games last year with the #1 player on offense injured all season and one of the best players on D out with a broken foot.  

• Beer 2

There's a lot of you, who owe Tepper an apology afterwards.

Rejoice because without him, you wouldn't have a franchise quarterback.

He never budge, that is all.

Devil in the details, remember, not only is Watson coming to Carolina but it was a good deal.

I bet 85% of this board would have made the same deal, the other 15% didn't want Watson anyway.

bea94255-8f6f-4897-b880-4ab94788f87d_text.gif

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

I don't get it. If he goes to NO, and they give up their best players and draft picks, it doesn't make sense. Ditto for ATL.  But if we do it, it's a good thing?

We had a roster where we had a lot of young players on cheap contracts.. We have more cap space without doing financial Gymnastics and losing much to get him... Our roster configuration right now isn't based on older big contract players  making it thru a season with no depth behind them...

He choose a get rich quick situation hoping that roster can battle Tampa.. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They have been quietly shopping him already. The reasons i have discovred from reading about it on the raider reddit and their fansided is the following":

1. Last year of his contract
2. Due a big extension
3. Wasnt a Macdaniels drafted QB

I'd be happy with Carr actually.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheInksDry said:

Devil in the details, remember, not only is Watson coming to Carolina but it was a good deal.

I bet 85% of this board would have made the same deal, the other 15% didn't want Watson anyway.

You’re dedicated, I’ll give you that.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, TheInksDry said:

I appreciate you being positive. But without stating how you know this, you may get banned again. 

I just hope Tepper does not green light going after another mediocre to bad QB once Watson nails the coffin shut. My hunch is Rhule will swing again for one to try and save his job. Teddy disaster, Darnold even worse disaster, round 3....heaven help us. 

• Flames 1