• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, Proudiddy said:

So anything come out about Ryan's bonus screwing the Falcons out of this?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, as credible reporters already said this morning if he didn't decide by 4pm, Falcons are out.  So its down to us and Taints.

This whole Deshaun Watson "sweepstakes" experience has shown me how many blue-check-mark verified Twitter "beat writers" are as credible as any of us on the Huddle. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

This whole Deshaun Watson "sweepstakes" experience has shown me how many blue-check-mark verified Twitter "beat writers" are as credible as any of us on the Huddle. 

We have learned that Twitter is basically bullshit on every level except good humor. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I have a couple friends with blue check marks. They're some of the least important people you could ever meet. The threshold for getting one has been lowered so much in the last 5 years that its barely even a status symbol anymore

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

So anything come out about Ryan's bonus screwing the Falcons out of this?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, as credible reporters already said this morning if he didn't decide by 4pm, Falcons are out.  So its down to us and Taints.

Something about his guaranteed money kicks in making the falcons pay an additional 7 mil guranteed. That was supposedly at 4pm today but some have disputed that. 

The reporter just said if it’s not done today they are out. 

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We were going to give them THREE first round picks!

every team trying to get DW is. The difference is carolina isn't scrambling and manipulating the cap to fit a player. Thats gonna hurt in the future

3 minutes ago, RJK said:

yes because those other teams over leveraged themselves to make sure carolina didn't get him. Meanwhile carolina continues looking for a franchise QB no worse for the wear 

Exactly.. Carolina nor Cleveland didn't have to jumped thru hoops to get him.. We were set up for him to have a competitive team now and in the future because the team is young..

Saints had to do 18 audits 10 refunds and 34 payouts..

And

The Falcons with little to no assets already are giving up those and draft capital plus taking a hit on Ryan's contract..

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So if Watson is a Panther we’re all gonna celebrate, but if he’s not we’re gonna laugh at the team that traded for him?

you guys are something else lol

I'll be pissed if we get him. It will cripple us for years.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So if Watson is a Panther we’re all gonna celebrate, but if he’s not we’re gonna laugh at the team that traded for him?

you guys are something else lol

Not me. I'd rather some other team overpay for him. I'd rather we didn't trade for anyone this year.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1