• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wills from Liberty

Just another example of an NFL trend:  we'd rather accept lower odds high ceiling / low floor guy than bring in a guy with a lower ceiling / higher floor.  It's one of the reasons the NFL is having the QB crisis that it is.

We've started looking at Kirk Cousins, David Carr, etc as stat padders, failures, not good enough.  It's the wrong way to look at it.  Consistent, winning franchises don't necessarily need Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes to compete.

A lot of this has to do with playing in the Tom Brady era.  A lot of teams got stopped short by Brady.  Not just in the Super Bowl, but in the playoffs.  Since 2001, there have only been seven seasons where Brady didn't knock at least one team - if not more - out.  Overall, Brady has knocked 30 teams out.

Never before has a QB so dramatically affected the outcome of the league for such a long period of time.  This is what teams are trying to fight.  They need someone who can beat the GOAT if called upon.  QB play overall has suffered because teams are trying to hit home runs instead of getting on base.

• Flames 1

There are no QB's without risks. We are attempting to trade the farm for one who has looked everywhere he can to avoid settling for us. If we take a shot on one in this draft he is and should be a top option.

Edited by frankw

I like when people throw out the mediocre numbers and poor outings against elite college programs...

NEWSFLASH!

LIBERTY ISN'T A COLLEGE FOOTBALL POWERHOUSE.

Do y'all think it's harder for Liberty receivers to get open against better comp?  Harder for Liberty lineman to block elite college athletes?  But, I guess Malik is just supposed to block and catch for himself.😂

• Pie 7

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I like when people throw out the mediocre numbers and poor outings against elite college programs...

NEWSFLASH!

LIBERTY ISN'T A COLLEGE FOOTBALL POWERHOUSE.

Do y'all think it's harder for Liberty receivers to get open against better comp?  Harder for Liberty lineman to block elite college athletes?  But, I guess Malik is just supposed to block and catch for himself.😂

I didnt realize Middle Tenn St and UL Monroe had elite college athletes on its roster

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

I want to know what the hype is on this guy. Very mediocre numbers playing bottom level FBS last year. 

2800 Passing yards 27 TDs 12 ints 

Vs

sam Darnold last year USC Stats 4100 yards 26 TDs 12 ints

I see mediocre, low yards, and lots of turnovers. Outside of an arm, what am I missing?

He is hyped because he is the best of a weak QB class. It's like being the prettiest ugly girl. He is extremely boom or bust and even more of a risk than when Cam came out. At least Cam showed that he could elevate his teammates around him and win a championship. I don't even remember a single offensive player on that Championship Auburn that has made it in the NFL. Nick Fairley was on defense but he busted too. I think that shows how much Cam carried that team. Willis hasn't accomplished any of that and scouts are just trying to report on something positive. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I didnt realize Middle Tenn St and UL Monroe had elite college athletes on its roster

I'm just saying in response to the argument that he struggled against "better" schools.  If you consider them better, that's on you.  I know a few years ago, both of those schools were far better than Liberty.

Liberty wasn't even an FBS school until 4 years ago lol.

49 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

I want to know what the hype is on this guy. Very mediocre numbers playing bottom level FBS last year. 

2800 Passing yards 27 TDs 12 ints 

Vs

sam Darnold last year USC Stats 4100 yards 26 TDs 12 ints

I see mediocre, low yards, and lots of turnovers. Outside of an arm, what am I missing?

In my opinion, he is a shorter, less experienced and unrefined version of Donovan McNabb.

Willis is barely 6 foot. I'm all for taking the upside pick, but lets stop acting like this is a Cam scenario. You have to be exceptionally talented as an NFL QB at 6 foot tall, and I just don't see it, especially since if we take him, we will suck and be in line for a top 3 pick, and next year has 3 really good quarterbacks

• Pie 1