• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

4 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Lowest point in franchise history and it’s not even close. Back in the mid 90’s Snyder ruined my fandom for the Skins and now Tepper is doing it for me and the Panthers. I will sit out next season and hope he makes positive change…,if not, I’m done for good. 

i am moving in the fall (outside of the carolinas) and i just might leave my panthers poo behind. i wont be purchasing sunday ticket to watch sam darnold throw interceptions, derrick brown be lazy, and rhule be dumb. ill check my phone and lol when i see the score but thats where my interest ends.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Dodged that bullet!! I feel relief!! As I really didn’t want to lose Chinn and all the 1st round draft pics for a guy who would bring in questionable character!! And the whole reaching out to Atlanta was an obvious question mark!! I would have rescinded the package then!! But I hope we address the o-line now !! Qb ride the Darnold train to a high pick next year!! One more year of suck and fire Rhule 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I get that but you can hate Rhule and Tepper who will eventually go away and still be a fan of the team. The team will outlast either of them unless they sell and move to another city

Those same people said they would stop rooting if we landed watson. So they can stop rooting until Tepper sells the team lol. Look I don’t even really care what they do but it’s obvious there’s gonna be some backlash from people who didn’t want him to people who did and they will say some real fuged up poo about it. But they’re just being hypocrites if they continue to support the panthers under Teppers ownership. Something to think about.

1 minute ago, DamnItJake! said:

Dodged that bullet!! I feel relief!! As I really didn’t want to lose Chinn and all the 1st round draft pics for a guy who would bring in questionable character!! And the whole reaching out to Atlanta was an obvious question mark!! I would have rescinded the package then!! But I hope we address the o-line now !! Qb ride the Darnold train to a high pick next year!! One more year of suck and fire Rhule 

Yep thank goodness!!!  Plus it tells you a lot about someone who puts themselves into 22 bad decisions and still plays the system how he plays it while being entitled....tells you a lot about his soul!!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

i am moving in the fall (outside of the carolinas) and i just might leave my panthers poo behind. i wont be purchasing sunday ticket to watch sam darnold throw interceptions, derrick brown be lazy, and rhule be dumb. ill check my phone and lol when i see the score but thats where my interest ends.

Can’t blame you, I gave away most of my Panther  gear and what I kept I have been ashamed to wear the last 2 years. This franchise is at an all time low right now. 

• Pie 1

the panthers chased the hottest girl in school around for 2 years and ended up going to the prom alone. there was no team more loyal to their interest in watson than this team and he still wanted no part of it. not only that, but his final 2 destinations are division rivals. this should kill the "tepper gets what he wants" narrative for good. it should also kill the "rhule is a great recruiter" narrative as well. this group planted their flag on his front lawn when every other team watched cautiously. 

the good thing for fans is that this deal would have been a disaster. giving up 6th overall, former top 10 pick horn, former 1st round pick burns, and two more first round picks likely in the 5th to 15th range with as swiss cheese as our roster would be without all that is a stone cold dumb idea for any single player who is at BEST on the fence about coming here and has HIGHLY questionable leadership and character concerns. It borders on nonsensical. you can't cheat the rebuild and you can't finish the rebuild without finding the quarterback and you're not going to find him in someone else's garbage can. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, ncstatekwi said:

Yep thank goodness!!!  Plus it tells you a lot about someone who puts themselves into 22 bad decisions and still plays the system how he plays it while being entitled....tells you a lot about his soul!!!

Dude is a turd 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Those same people said they would stop rooting if we landed watson. So they can stop rooting until Tepper sells the team lol. Look I don’t even really care what they do but it’s obvious there’s gonna be some backlash from people who didn’t want him to people who did and they will say some real fuged up poo about it. But they’re just being hypocrites if they continue to support the panthers under Teppers ownership. Something to think about.

True about the people that actually said they'd stop rooting. It'll be interesting to see how the Falcons if they land Watson, deal with a whole season of PR with not only the upcoming Watson civil cases and probable suspension, but also blindsiding their clean cut veteran QB of 13 years or whatever. Probably hoping no one will remember in 5 years if they're actually good

11 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Lowest point in franchise history and it’s not even close. Back in the mid 90’s Snyder ruined my fandom for the Skins and now Tepper is doing it for me and the Panthers. I will sit out next season and hope he makes positive change…,if not, I’m done for good. 

Awkward Clap GIF by Future Generations