• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore Extended

CAPantherFan

It's gonna be wild when next off-season the Commanders cut Curtis Samuel for contract money reasons (don't tell me you think he's playing that thing out up there) and he comes back here and DJ and Curtis are the starters again....but with CJ Stroud or someone at QB and as better players. 

Good re-signing. But people need to stop saying he's a WR1, because until he puts up more scores, commands double-teams and can take over a game, he's simply a solid receiver that hasn't quite met his potential. I'm not going to whine about the money; receivers are being paid. Just know, there are some pretty good receivers out there making the same kinda money who can potentially not only sway games, but take them over if given the opportunity. It's past time for D.J. to move to the next level. 

• Beer 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Good re-signing. But people need to stop saying he's a WR1, because until he puts up more scores, commands double-teams and can take over a game, he's simply a solid receiver that hasn't quite met his potential. I'm not going to whine about the money; receivers are being paid. Just know, there are some pretty good receivers out there making the same kinda money who can potentially not only sway games, but take them over if given the opportunity. It's past time for D.J. to move to the next level. 

Everyone (well almost) wants DJ to take the next step and there were some disappointing moments last season. But those receivers you mention the best of them have very good or elite QB play to work with. If we get that and Moore can't get it done then criticism is justified. But for now trashing the guy without a QB when we have had nothing meaningful to show for at wide receiver in 20 years other than 89 and Moose is just looking like a case of being bitter out of boredom. Get this man a QB!

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh and top dawg. If our former man David Gettis had been putting up the numbers Moore had with the mediocre QB's he's had to work with we both know this would've been you.

spacer.png

Yeah he has a weird fixation on dj. Injured cam, Kyle Allen, Teddy bridgewater, Sam Darnold.

the fact he put up 1200 yards in those 3 seasons with those qbs means something. Wr play is heavily dependent on qb play. We’ve had bottom of the barrel qb play here. Although dj was use to it coming from Maryland lol.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Oh and top dawg. If our former man David Gettis had been putting up the numbers Moore had with the mediocre QB's he's had to work with we both know this would've been you.

spacer.png

Not really. Gettis ain't got anything to do with this conversation. Unfortunately the young man got hurt, but he did flash with lesser QBs than Moore has had. 

I said it's a "good resigning".  Certainly you aren't suggesting anything more. 

I find it interesting that you used words like "trashing". Moore has proven to be a solid WR2. Neither you nor anyone else should really have a problem with that. I think that's fair. And, as always, I call it like I see it. 

Edited by top dawg