• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is drafting a QB the plan now?

AU-panther

2 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

Bet they draft Pickett

Could happen he is the most ready “supposedly”.  I hope they hire or speak to expert QB scouts and make the right call.  Even if it is NO QB

If they draft someone need to be sure he is better than Darnold.  lol

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

I think they will go with BC at LT and might give Brown, Elflein, and Jordan a shot at LG....if we do not take a QB, we will trade back.

To your point, there was a tweet that said the Panthers are not interested in Baker Mayfield (because the head coach and QB can't both have immaturity issues).  Seriously, it could mean that they are not interested in the free agency market. 
I still see us dealing for Minshew--(what I wanted them to do last year, when he was cheaper).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

No. The plan is to not have to force a pick for a specific position. This gives Carolina the full panoply of options. I still believe they would like to trade down if the right deal is there, but this opens them up to take a pass rusher, a tackle, a quarterback, or yes, a cornerback depending on the value. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think they will go with BC at LT and might give Brown, Elflein, and Jordan a shot at LG....if we do not take a QB, we will trade back.

To your point, there was a tweet that said the Panthers are not interested in Baker Mayfield (because the head coach and QB can't both have immaturity issues).  Seriously, it could mean that they are not interested in the free agency market. 
I still see us dealing for Minshew--(what I wanted them to do last year, when he was cheaper).

Bozeman also has a ton of LG experience, so it's possible too they go BC - Bozeman - Elflein - Corbett - Moton with Erving as a swing guy. Which, really, is a pretty nice OL. Gives you the option of drafting a LT, kicking Bozeman and BC inside one spot, and moving Elflein to your interior OL swing.

• Pie 1

No upside to drafting a QB just to draft one. If they are not convinced that he is "the one', then don't do it. Much rather they choose a younger guy with NFL experience and some upside. There is a couple on the market who fit that bill. He doesn't have to be a barn burner, a Jake D. type can get the job done.

Edited by Jmac