• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What About Mariota?

The Huddler

I'm not sure his being terrible is the worst case scenario.  Given his history that's probably the *best* case scenario b/c we're more likely to be able to draft one next year out of a (supposedly) good class.

Worst case?  He's just mediocre enough to put us drafting in the middle-back after his one year deal.  This seems more likely to me.

No thanks.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

Why don't we kick the tires on Mariota?

Looked good in limited time this past season. With our improved offensive line and (hopefully) healthy CMC, he would be an extension of our running game and we would have more creativity on offense

Maybe sitting behind Carr has done him some good. If we aren't convinced any QBs in this year's draft are the answer, why not give Mariota a one year prove it deal to see what he can do? 

770AA479-6FE6-471F-AE3A-03E5FCD447E0.thumb.jpeg.7be6257613e2a3710775a1ccf2fa91cc.jpeg

Worst case, he sucks and then we can find a better QB in 2023!   He's a FA, and if he can be had for cheap, then I say pick him up!!  Can't be any worse than Darnold  

Austin Powers No GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1