• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unverified and unsubstantiated....Panthers Closing in on Trade for Love

Biggdaddi1022

8 minutes ago, BrianS said:

No, in fact, this is the opposite of what people said last offseason.  Last offseason we were saying there hasn't been such a promising group of QB's in a long, long time.

lol no, they weren’t.

1 hour ago, CmC2k said:

Love is better than both Willis and Pickett and if we can get him for something cheap like a next year 3rd and our extra 5th this year, I'd absolutely do it. If it doesn't work out, you're only really out a 3rd and you can just move on and draft a QB next year in a better class and with hopefully better coaching staff. 

There’s a reason that the Packers resigned Rodgers for record money. Love is a bust. I rather roll with Darnold behind a revamped OL than give even a late round pick for Love. I’m done with the knee jerk bandaid projects

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like if we get Jimmy G we are right back to where we were 2 years ago with Bridgewater. 
Can the front office not see that? Yes he was in the Super Bowl and almost a second last year. 
But context matters, they weren’t in either situation because of Jimmy G and they lost both because of him. 
Front Offices needs to take of their blinders and realize that maybe the success of a team is because of the team and not because of the person under center. That is how we got Bridgewater. Because the office thought it was because of him the Saints went 5-0 with him and not because the defense played their best games during that 5 game stretch. Other than the Bucs game Bridgewaters stats were pretty meh. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I feel like if we get Jimmy G we are right back to where we were 2 years ago with Bridgewater. 
Can the front office not see that? Yes he was in the Super Bowl and almost a second last year. 
But context matters, they weren’t in either situation because of Jimmy G and they lost both because of him. 
Front Offices needs to take of their blinders and realize that maybe the success of a team is because of the team and not because of the person under center. That is how we got Bridgewater. Because the office thought it was because of him the Saints went 5-0 with him and not because the defense played their best games during that 5 game stretch. Other than the Bucs game Bridgewaters stats were pretty meh. 

Bridgewater still hasn't been the starting QB of a team that has gone to a SB and another Conference Championship. Whatever you say negates your whole argument. Crappy QBs don't do that. The shitting on Jimmy G on this board is unwarranted. Yeah you can be warry of him because of his shoulder surgery, but I keep seeing comparisons to Bridgewater, Darnold, and w/e crappy QB you can come up with and it is complete bullshit.

Myself, I am warry because of his recent surgery and would rather go after Baker instead. 

15 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

There’s a reason that the Packers resigned Rodgers for record money. Love is a bust. I rather roll with Darnold behind a revamped OL than give even a late round pick for Love. I’m done with the knee jerk bandaid projects

Keep in mind Love has had elite coaching as well