• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

IMO, the video clips are for the fans...much more important is the chance to spend a LOT of time with him. his coach, his teammates, hell, can even speak with a professor or two.

At this point anyone looking at him should know about his arm...what they may not know is what's between his ears.

Chunking it deep to your favorite pass catcher isn't important to me at all, then again, I'm not Al Davis or Matt Rhule.

I agree with you on the in person meeting to gauge his demeanor, football IQ, etc. My problems is with the actual passing drills. You can see arm strength, ball placement and footwork. That's about it. All the above are on game tape.

I liken it watching a guy shoot 3 point shots in a gym by himself. He may drain them all day long. I want to know what he can do when a defender gets in his face. I need to know if he can create/make a shots in game situations.

38 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The best long term pick would be malik imo

the best short term pick would be Pickett 

which is why I think we pick Pickett unless rhule is completely boxed out on draft day and Scott has been given assurances he’s here long term.

If you started Malik day 1 you’d have to plan your offense around backyard football style in the passing game and have a very strong run game with a good defense. Closest comp I could see is RW rookie year in Seattle with beast mode. That would be the goal for this upcoming year. He’s just gonna need time to grow in the pocket. If we actually did pick Malik and he was named starter you’d have to beat into his head to not turn the ball over and on crucial downs use your special traits. 

pickett would open things up more for us day 1 passing wise but long term I think this dudes ceiling is a fringe starter. 

So what you're saying is we need to punt on QB right now lol

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I agree with you on the in person meeting to gauge his demeanor, football IQ, etc. My problems is with the actual passing drills. You can see arm strength, ball placement and footwork. That's about it. All the above are on game tape.

I liken it watching a guy shoot 3 point shots in a gym by himself. He may drain them all day long. I want to know what he can do when a defender gets in his face. I need to know if he can create/make a shots in game situations.

I'm with you, I think the drills are window dressing...but that's what get's the fans excited.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Guess we know what our first 4th round draft pick will be now.

I believe the last longsnapper drafted, was when the Detroit Lions took one from Baylor.

https://www.nfl.com/news/long-snapper-jimmy-landes-shocked-he-got-drafted-0ap3000000659331

Baylor long-snapper Jimmy Landes was more surprised than just about anyone that the Detroit Lions decided to spend a sixth-round pick on him.

"I was very surprised," Landes told MLive.com. "I was expecting free agency, just because I know how rare long snappers get drafted. I wasn't expecting anything in the draft."

Landes was the only long-snapper invited to the combine and, according to the MLive piece, is one of four true long-snappers to ever be drafted.

Edited by Wes21