• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

3 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Tampa would take 3 #1 picks for Brady yesterday. You sure you didn't mean Burrow? What about Herbert? And Murray is right on the line too.

No i doubt they would because they trying to get another ring, only reason Brady is coming back.

Burrow and Herbert are in that group that have the potential to get there. 

Gotta see Burrow stay healthy and do it again. Herbert made a big jump in year two and played lights out and if they can keep it up, would definitely make the jump up to the top tier of NFL QB's. Part of being that high is consistency imo. 

2 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I like everything I see. Watching this, he can make all the throws. Touch, arm strength, placement. If we go QB at 6, I want Pickett 

Picket is a protypical backup qb.  I've seen nothing special.  There are alot of available qbs in the league with his skill set but with more experience.  Makes more sense to get your franchise LT, or C with #6 or more pieces trading down.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

They're still looking at free agents for that position.

I even wondered if they waited to seal the deal with a LT until after the Pickett pro day--

A few notes (before I read the next 10 pages of this thread):
Fitterer, Morgan, Rhule, Sean---the Panthers had everyone there.

Fitterer was talking to Pickett about his ball grip/hand size.  like checking a horse's teeth.

Rhule talking to Pickett and spent time with his coach

If the Panthers are not announcing that they are interested in Pickett---then I am not a Huddler.  I mean, is there any team in the league who will doubt who we are going to draft after today's showing?

28 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Deshaun Watch was fun, but I am done posting on here. Bunch of crying losers and virgin mods who sit around all day and enforce their personal vendettas with warnings and bans for posts that are not remotely objectionable. 

Peace

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Think of it this way. You draft a qb in the top 10 you’re buying that he’s gonna be a franchise altering player. If he’s not that, he’s a bust in my opinion.  Even if he becomes a low end starter that’s still a bust from a top 10 qb pick. 

Who would you choose between the two to become that franchise altering player; Kenny Pickett or Willis? 

I’m taking Willis all day. If they’ve decided against Willis then we might as well go oline or dline.

I’m not sure. I see where you are coming from, but it would take multiple first round picks to trade for a franchise altering QB. I think a solid starter would be well worth a top 10 pick tbh

2 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

He had 38 pass attempts per game. They threw the ball more than nearly every NFL offense this year. It's a pro-style offense, but they were very pass heavy this year. It's undeniable. 

Anthony Gordon only trailed Burrow by about 100 yards in 2019. Why isn't he a great NFL QB? 

You call me lazy, but your argument is "the guys who lead college football statistically in 2020 and 2019 are good NFL QBs, therefore Pickett is going to be a good NFL QB." I mean, geez, give me a break. 

I don't think he's "more athletic" than Dalton. But tell me, how does his athletic advantage over Dalton translate to the NFL? What does that mean, exactly? Dalton was an above average runner as a QB. Not a weapon, but mobile enough to make a defense pay for 8-10 yards if they totally ignored him on obvious passing downs.

Do you think Pickett is a weapon as a runner? I sure don't. I think he's exactly what Dalton was: he's fast enough and mobile enough to make a defense that plays him lazily pay for it, but he's not going to add true positive value on called run plays. 

Heads up.  You are totally wrong.  Pickett is more athletic than most of the qbs in the nfl if you want to look at numbers coming in.  I already showed the comparison to Mahomes but since you insist (for reasons I can only assume) his athleticism is comparative to Dalton, I will give you the comparisons.

andy-dalton-ras-9238.png

FNAsCuIXoAUYVK8.png

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Heads up.  You are totally wrong.  Pickett is more athletic than most of the qbs in the nfl if you want to look at numbers coming in.  I already showed the comparison to Mahomes but since you insist (for reasons I can only assume) his athleticism is comparative to Dalton, I will give you the comparisons.

andy-dalton-ras-9238.png

FNAsCuIXoAUYVK8.png

I think he ran away from the board because he couldn't defend his nonsense position on him compared to Dalton.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I’m not sure. I see where you are coming from, but it would take multiple first round picks to trade for a franchise altering QB. I think a solid starter would be well worth a top 10 pick tbh

I’m not talking about trading for a qb. It’s obvious no current elite qb is gonna come here so we have to draft one and try to develop him.

The game is different now. It’s a qb driven league. I could see what you’re saying back in the day. But if you don’t have an elite qb, you’re not making consistent playoff runs and competing for championships. Every single year you see the elite quarterbacked teams in the playoffs. That’s where we want to be. The teams that are more well rounded with low end starter qbs do compete but they’re not as consistent. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

They wanted to see WHERE he grips the ball.  Some grip with the pinky in the middle of the laces, some with the pinky more toward the back of the ball.  From what I can tell, Pickett was grabbing the back of the ball, something that pleased the Panthers.  (I know very little about this, based on my friends in college who were QBs---just speculation)

• Pie 2