• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deion Calls Out Panthers, Along with 7 Other NFL Teams, For Not Sending a Single Scout to Jackson St. Pro Day

Proudiddy

Lol. Always the showman. Using his celebrity to leverage teams that didn't show. Very smart marketing move. THIS coach knows what building is about.

I know the last time he played the Panthers he got KTFO but with his celebrity and his media savy, Deon could have been a better "builder" than Rhule the destroyer.

For one we would have still had franchise a QB until we drafted another on a down/injury year because Deon would have kept Ace Boogie on swag.

this is how you turn a nothing event into people talking about jackson state on television and giving the program more exposure for future recruits who are going to be like, "damn, deion is going to fight that hard for me when its my time." and secure a few extra talents by manipulating the media with his reputation. the real story is that there were that many teams that actually showed up to his three ring circus despite having no obvious NFL talent.

• Beer 1

Lot of dumb on this thread

Coach Prime is doing GOD'S work with HBCU

He also landed the #1, #6 ranked prospects to Jackson St beating out the SEC

Also getting in transfer #5 ILB, #18 WR, #73 edge

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/jackson-state/2022/02/02/what-expect-every-player-deion-sanders-signed-jackson-state-football/6618871001/

It's not our scouts that should attend but Matt Rhule to learn how to make chicken salad out of chicken poo. Coach Prime is recruiting like hell and building something out of NOTHING

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

why did he end up at jackson state? unfortunately I feel like rhule and co only are looking for choir boys.

Transfer portal.

Deion Sanders recruited him away from Florida to make him a centerpiece and showcase him in building a new program.

Same thing Jermaine Johnson did going from Georgia to FSU.

Big school teams that over promise and under deliver to their recruits to get them in the door are losing their players in the transfer portal. It's going to happen even more with the transfer portal. The NFL teams that pay attention to these players will get steals in the draft.

Players don't go to HBCUs because they can't cut it with a big school or they have legal problems. It's easier for them to showcase themselves and increase their value. Business decision. Why did Malik Willis go to Liberty?

5 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Transfer portal.

Deion Sanders recruited him away from Florida to make him a centerpiece and showcase him in building a new program.

Same thing Jermaine Johnson did going from Georgia to FSU.

Big school teams that over promise and under deliver to their recruits to get them in the door are losing their players in the transfer portal. It's going to happen even more with the transfer portal. The NFL teams that pay attention to these players will get steals in the draft.

Players don't go to HBCUs because they can't cut it with a big school or they have legal problems. It's easier for them to showcase themselves and increase their value. Business decision. Why did Malik Willis go to Liberty?

Good point sir. 

I think you'll see more of the HBCU's having players get drafted on day 3 and as UDFA's over the next several years if more schools are successful in recruiting as Deion has been at Jackson State.

It's a given that the big programs will always have more players in the NFL than the smaller programs. But, when teams have low cap space, extra draft choices, or know there are players that have transferred from big programs as you outlined above, smaller schools are sure to have some hidden gems that could contribute to many NFL franchises. 

• Pie 1

Excelling at a HBCU school does not mean you are the best at your craft. You're going up against players that aren't the same caliber as players in the SEC (his previous conference)  The NFL is made up of the best of the best. (even though some look terrible to us)   As a scouting department you have to pick and choose were you want to be.  One player at a pro-day that may not be in the window he's going to be selected.  When you have a pro day with 3 or 4 guys giving a workout.  You go with the 3 or 4 guy Pro Day.

I know that Deion recruited him to come out of Florida but maybe that was because he wasn't having as much success.  

His tape looks good but we saw what happened to David Moore.  He looked amazing on tape but when he got among talented players he just didn't pan out.  

I don't know about James Houston IV and have no idea whether he'll be a star or JAG or a flameout in camp.  I believe the Panthers decided it wasn't worth their time for a mid-round player. 

Plus as @MHS831 said.  If we're interested we can have him in for a private workout. 

1 hour ago, Verge said:

It does kind of show our programs consistent immaturity with little things like this. I don't know why we wouldn't have some form of representation there. 

Isn’t it possible we’re not interested in any of their current crop of players? Why waste time if so. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Beer 1