• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They must have a QB plan...

Jmac

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If Alexander was asked that question prior to November 11 - when Cam signed - I am almost positive he would have said the same thing - "..I don't .."

49 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

Yup. Where that .gif is happens to be where the Super Bowl is this year.

1 minute ago, Kakalaki said:

If Alexander was asked that question prior to November 11 - when Cam signed - I am almost positive he would have said the same thing - "..I don't .."

Yup. Where that .gif is happens to be where the Super Bowl is this year.

You have a numerical equation to prove it?

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Earlier this week on the Rich Eisen show Ian Rappoport was saying that he thought the Panthers were more likely than the Seahawks to sign Baker.  Make of that what you will.

I'm guessing that was before the story came out that he doesn't want us and we don't want him.

They will potentially draft one In the first round (6th or trade back), if they don’t they will probably get someone like Garapolo at a low cost. I think Fitterer is very comfortable with the plan itself, but he doesn’t know where it will end at this point. But I felt it was clear that his philosophy is that you need to draft your long term QB this draft or the next one.

The plan as far as I have been able to determine was Watson and then dump Darnold.

Now it appears it's between Darnold and Cam, if they can convince Cam to come back.

If no Cam then Darnold wins by default. 

In the meantime they may or may not draft a rookie to compete with the winner of the Sam/Cam debacle. 

Or, or they could trade for someone to compete with the Sam/Cam winner.

I think that about covers it.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

The line doesn’t matter with Cam. Never has. Matters even less now that he can’t throw the ball. It’s not gonna be Cam. 

Stop it. He can still throw the ball or he wouldn't have been employed. You act as if the man has a handicapped placard. Maybe a good argument in maybe 2018-19 now it's like c'mon man, that's all you've got.

The Panthers or Seahawks wouldn't be calling if he couldn't throw, again that is nonsense. Stop.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Jmac said:

....That we are not aware of. I'm sure the F.O has something up their sleeves to get a quality QB. They wouldn't go into the season with just Darnold and Walker. They spent good $$$ to build up the Oline and get a bruising RB to complement CMC. Not going to waste all those one and two year deals on a failed project.

It may actually be a completely different outcome then has been discussed on here. April will be one interesting month.

Maybe.  And maybe they want to, but are not being given the green light to use the resources it would take.

Tepper was going to spend on Watson.  Not Rhule.

Fitt and Morgan have been signing players, not Rhule.

Everywhere Rhule has been, the others are in tow.

If they’re able to get one great, that means it was a good deal because the way it seems, Rhule has been hung out to dry.

(Makes no sense to do it this way, but Tepper gonna Tepper.)

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Stop it. He can still throw the ball or he wouldn't have been employed. You act as if the man has a handicapped placard. Maybe a good argument in maybe 2018-19 now it's like c'mon man, that's all you've got.

The Panthers or Seahawks wouldn't be calling if he couldn't throw, again that is nonsense. Stop.

Go back and watch the Miami Dolphins game. He cannot throw the ball downfield. I would honestly rather have any of the top 5 QBs in this draft under center next year.

• Poo 1

Just use my QB model. Only 15 starting caliber QBs have passed through it since the Panthers came in to the NFL. Only 4 of them were 1st round picks. 13 of 15 have been to the playoffs. 12 have won in the playoffs. And one never got a chance to play. Several have been to the SB. That's why I'm excited to see how this draft works out. It's been 5 years since it has approved a QB as a starter, and 10 years since it has offered up multiple QBs. I doubt the Panthers draft any of them lol. Panthers have had 1 of the 15 on their roster for a few years. Also, 11 of them were available to the Panthers without any trade.

I'm sure the Panthers will fall in love with another QB that bottoms out in a year. Just let a blindfolded monkey throw a dart at a wall of balloons. The QB name that pops out, go after them. Seems like it will have a better success rate than the current Rhule/Fitt/Tepper QB method.

Another season of hope is what I'm expecting. Maybe this year it won't be so short.