• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Sam Darnold will take a huge step this year

Zod

1 hour ago, joemac said:

I mean, he COULD.  Anything is possible.  However I do understand that anything approaching those numbers is highly, highly unlikely to happen.  If he somehow even put up 75% of that we would be in the playoffs next year.  All this team is missing is a LT and good, consistent QB play. 

I think we are underestimating the loss of Reddick and reliable hands at TE.   There's a reason teams are spending a fortune at the positions.

I'm not convinced the answer is on the roster.

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t think he really cares and if he gets fired he can go back to college. I can see that I don’t give a poo look all over his face. Rhule is not quitting and Tepper won’t fire him because he don’t want to be wrong. It’s a game with these two right now 

If he gets fired he still gets a pocket full of money.  He will ride it out to the end.  His coaching will not improve.  No incentive to.

2020 Rhule says he's excited to work with Cam and get him healthy GONE

2021 Teddy has to have a tremendous offseason and continues to talk him up GONE

2022 Now talking up Sam GONE

Rhule isn't betting his NFL coaching career on one of the hottest seats hitching his wagon to Sam!

4 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t think he really cares and if he gets fired he can go back to college. I can see that I don’t give a poo look all over his face. Rhule is not quitting and Tepper won’t fire him because he don’t want to be wrong. It’s a game with these two right now 

It’s like when George Costanza won’t quit Play Now and they can’t fire him.