• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic summary of draft QBs and OTs from Dane Brugler . Just summary not all stats and detail

49 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Now tell my why you think Rhule is hitching his career to this?

If it’s addressed to me, I truly have no opinion.  

however , I would say Rhule hitched his wagon to Bridgewater and Darnold so I’d say his wagons have either a suspect team of horses pulling it or shoddy wagon wheels 

I suspect the team’s best hope is that McAdo’s wagon is better at evaluating QBs…and that’s concerning 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, Icege said:

image.thumb.png.38289122b180b1b57580fd054792737e.png

Pls lawd, we have paid our penance with Sam Darnold. Bless us with Ikem Ekwonu so that we may smite the Aints.

I'm all for drafting a great player, but dude, we aren't beating NO this year.  It's just not happening.  That defense is salty AF and no matter who we have at QB they're gonna be seeing ghosts.  And now the chairman and CEO of the Taysom Hill fan club is gone, so we don't have that to fall back on.

Ekwonu looks good, but so do Cross and Neal.  I'd rather have Ekwonu or Neal just because they have legit positional flexibility whereas Cross is a tackle.  While I'm dreaming I'd like to have a second round pick as well so we can at least start rolling the dice on finding our franchise QB without wasting our first round pick on a lesser talent.

4 hours ago, unicar15 said:

hat’s why a guy like Bryce Young next year is going to be so coveted. He has the athletic intangibles but has been coached up already by NFL coordinators. He’ll be plug and play. Take the tackle this year. Try to get in position to take young next year (likely if Darnold is the starter).

I like your assessment. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, unicar15 said:

I keep thinking about a podcast I listened to with former OL that said basically the guys who are plug and play (and don’t need extra coaching) are incredibly valuable bc of the NFLPA practice mandates. 

A guy like Penning is going to fall bc he needs refinement. Ekwonu, Neal, Cross are all plug and play with little need at this point to be coached up. 

It also may be the draw with a guy like Pickett over Willis. He’s 25. He has been coached up by former NFL coaches. I don’t love it but it’s like the Mac Jones scenario. He’s plug and play. Willis may have more potential upside. But it’s going to take years. 

That’s why a guy like Bryce Young next year is going to be so coveted. He has the athletic intangibles but has been coached up already by NFL coordinators. He’ll be plug and play. Take the tackle this year. Try to get in position to take young next year (likely if Darnold is the starter).

This^^^

9 hours ago, jayflip said:

What were his assessments of last year’s crop? Real question, are they available? Would be cool to see his write ups on the Lamar class, the Murray class. Kalil the younger. Fischer. Cam, even. 

He liked Mitch the best in his class FWIW, but that was a hard class to scout. Few saw Mahomes/Watson being as great as they have become.