• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which LT in the draft will bust?

AU-panther

There seems to be this idea that there are 3 surefire franchise LTs in this year's draft.  As a fan, who would love to see his team have a franchise LT, I hope this is the case, but history tells us that it probably isn't.

Here is a list of every T drafted in the top 10 for the past 10 years from:

2021 NFL Draft Listing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

2012:  Matt Kahil

2013:  Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson

2014:  Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews

2015:  Ereck Flowers, Brandon Scheerf

2016:  Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin

2017:  

2018:  Mike McGlinchey

2019:

2020: Andrew Thomas, Jedrick Wills JR

2021:  Penei Sewell

As you can see several of them haven't turned out that great, and several have ended moving to other positions.

Of Neal, Cross and Ekwonu, who do you think is the most likely not to work out at LT?

• Pie 2

I see a lot of damn good players on that list.  And overall, 2021 and 2020 was all solid as hell overall for the tackle classes.

I think Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, Penning, & Raimann are all starting caliber LTs and don't see any busting.  

This is a really solid OL class and I hope we take advantage.  

Hell, the OGs are pretty great as well with Zion, Goedeke, Strange, Bruss, Salyer, Max Mitchell, Munford. 

I really hope we land an OL.  I'm usually not that excited about them as prospects but this draft is super duper appealing peeps.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Ekwonu for me but should be able to move inside 

That was gonna be my comment. If you mean AT LT, Neal or Ekwonu. But I also think those guys could be Pro Bowl caliber OG's or RT's.

The biggest chance of being an overall bust, probably Cross. 

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, saX man said:

I see a lot of damn good players on that list.  And overall, 2021 and 2020 was all solid as hell overall for the tackle classes.

I think Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, Penning, & Raimann are all starting caliber LTs and don't see any busting.  

This is a really solid OL class and I hope we take advantage.  

Hell, the OGs are pretty great as well with Zion, Goedeke, Strange, Bruss, Salyer, Max Mitchell, Munford. 

I really hope we land an OL.  I'm usually not that excited about them as prospects but this draft is super duper appealing peeps.

Guys like Zion and Salyer are way it hurts to badly to not have 2nd or 3rd round draft picks. Once again there are long term start potential IOL available in the 2nd and 3rd round.

• Beer 1

It feels like to me the player who is a great physical prospect tends to be a bust over the player who has great technique. Alabama has had some bust as well so I would go with Neal. I would next go with Ekwonu who might be better suited a guard, I see the reports constantly speak about how he has problems with pass blocking.

• Pie 1

I feel like OT and DE will go fairly quickly.

I don't think there will be a QB taken until possibly Seattle or beyond.

Could be the 3 DE prospects go 1,2,3.

Houston is who I might target for a trade down.  They could take a DE at 3 and need to get the best WR in the draft.  Doubt they can do that at 13.

At 13, Penning should be available, maybe even Cross too.

2nd round will be luxury pick

• Beer 1