• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen vs The Draft Prospects

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

from what I saw, he is average--and the way they moved him around, understandable.  Great athlete and a great coach--

I think Bozeman  will be the LG and Elf will play C.  Love for Elf to be depth. 

If we go OT at 6 then Elf becomes depth probably.  I think they try to slide BC at LG which I'm not entirely sold on.  He seems like more of a tackle than a guard to me.

• Pie 1

Idunno how much stock anyone is to put is PFF. But FWIW, 

Cross: 86.7

Ickey: 91.6

Neal: 85.8

Lastly,

Christensen broke the PFF record for overall grade by a tackle at 96.0

Keep in mind Greg Little was 75.8 and All-SEC. 

As far as me, even if Brady is in our plans at LT, after the years we've had to endure previously, I'd make sure LT was no longer a problem for this franchise going forward. LT at 6.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Passing on a LT because you have Christensen would be like passing on a QB because you have Daniel Jones.

Which might be what the Giants are doing.  I get what you are saying though.  However BC has only his rookie year's couple games to go off of.  Daniel Jones has a much larger body of work...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Which might be what the Giants are doing.  I get what you are saying though.  However BC has only his rookie year's couple games to go off of.  Daniel Jones has a much larger body of work...

They both seem like back ups or low tier starters to me.  Either could improve to become average starters or better though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

BC doesn't compare well to most of the guys we could take at 6, he looks like a backup honestly. He would have to take a big time jump in playing strength for that to change in my mind. I'm not even sure he could beat out Elf at LG and that is a low low bar. It's a stupid and completely self inflicted position. 

Take the 10 year LT prospect and don't look back. If you end up with 2 LTs then trade the worse one for more than you drafted him for (it would be BC baring a miracle or roids). 

• Pie 1

This is another failure of Rhule to not foresee that BC needed to be evaluated. If a top LT falls to us we have to take him. BC might be a good player. He should have been starting mid season. But he didn’t because he was mismanaged by coaching. That’s not his fault. But tough poo for Matt Rhule. We have a problem that needs fixing. If we waste time giving him a starting leash and he’s just average then we lose yet again. We have to get a cornerstone LT. 

• Pie 2