• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe in Mr. Tepper..... these are growing pains.... great video about him

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I’d be happy to let David Tepper manage my retirement portfolio 

but just because you are good at something and made a poo ton of money at it….doesn’t mean you will be good at anything you just happen to choose to go do outside of your lane.  Some might.   But it isn’t some universal truth.  I know a couple brilliant people with more money than I could dream of….who are complete idiots when it comes to so many other avenues outside of their lanes.   As you noted….see Jordan.  A GOAT in many aspects of life.  You don’t need to search for a lesson in poor ownership when Tepper is your guy. 

I got no faith in Tepper in this world because everything he has touched has turned to poo and he has been a nonstop train wreck to date with all things Panthers.  Comically bad.

💯

Just because you have money doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

Just because you earn a lot of money doesn't mean you're smart.

Just because you're successful in one venture doesn't mean you'll be able to find success in all.

Drive doesn't necessarily mean success, either. Money plus drive doesn't necessarily mean success. 

You have to know what you are doing. You have to learn. You have to be able to learn and be willing to learn which means willing to admit you don't know what you're doing. You have to be willing to change course and adapt.

I'm just not seeing it.

Proof is in the results.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

But the guy is not accepting of mediocrity...

And that's where you completely lost me.

3 consecutive years of 5 wins and 3 consecutive years picking top 10 isn't even mediocre. It's just bad. 

Keeping Rhule for 1 more year only solidifies that he seems to be completely accepting of the situation he created. 

Have mentioned it before, but after Tepper got here some folks built up this mythology around him as if he were some super competent leader that would never accept anything less than the best. Basically Captain Kirk in an open shirt...

Reality unfortunately has been... disappointing.

The real life David Tepper is closer to Michael Scott than James Kirk.

He may have been a great hedge fund manager but as a football owner, he's terrible.

What makes a good owner?

I know a few things 100% about Tepper that I like.

1.  He's puts his money where his mouth is.  Say what you want about the guy but he's not cheap like some owners who are not willing to spend the money to give their team every advantage.

2. Come hell or high water he will find a franchise QB.  I think everyone will agree a team only goes as far as their QB can take them in todays NFL.  In every possible way he's done everything to roll the dice on a franchise QB and I think he'll continue to do that. 

Things I hate about Tepper.

1.  The Keep Pounding thing.

2.  Not winning.

• Beer 1