• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Campen live presser

Jackie Lee

2 hours ago, thennek said:

I think if Campen was the oline coach last year the Panthers oline would be in a significantly better place this year.    Hopefully they let this guy pick his guys. 

With that said, I have zero doubt they will be better than the past two years. 

It's almost impossible for them not to be better. They flat out sucked.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Campen has to know better than Rhule.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

and the knock on Rhule is he puts his thumbprint on everything and is a micromanager.  Which seems like a big problem if you hire someone like that and he isn't actually good. 

Rhule is the best football coach the world has ever seen. Nobody has more knowledge or skill than Rhule. It's not his fault you guys just can't see or appreciate his genius. And it'll only take another 7 years to prove it. You'll see!

laughter laughing GIF

• Pie 1

The fact that we've got this guy and upgraded two bottom-5 spots at C and G to top-10 guys is huge.

I want a LT at 6 but the line as is vastly superior to what we've had.  Bozeman, Corbett, & Moton are quite a threesome to push.  That blindside though, oh boy.  We will see what comes but ading Icky, Cross or Neal to that is just bon-appetite big uglyfest.  Would love BC and Deonte to amount to something but I won't hold my breath.  

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

O....kay....?

3 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Jesus Christ, we are taking Kenny Pickett at #6. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

For context: Campen went undrafted himself and was asked about the talent level of the current OT prospects.

It was not a declaration of, "Let's go draft a QB at #6 and try to make a bunch of late round picks work."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

For context: Campen went undrafted himself and was asked about the talent level of the current OT prospects.

It was not a declaration of, "Let's go draft a QB at #6 and try to make a bunch of late round picks work."

I hope so. I just don’t want this to be grooming the fan base for a massive reach and the regime patting themselves on the back for getting a “franchise” QB at #6 and passing off that we’ll move BC to LT, after his arms were magically no longer a problem, and grabbing a couple developmental offensive lineman. 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I could see If an O-lineman was fuging up, and Rhule says, "let's start [so and so]", but the OL coach should have the first say-so in my opinion. It's not like an OL coach is going to intentionally start a worse guy. Pertaining to the O-line, Campen has to know better than Rhule.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

and the knock on Rhule is he puts his thumbprint on everything and is a micromanager.  Which seems like a big problem if you hire someone like that and he isn't actually good. 

probably why we saw no difference in the O when they fired Joe Brady.  Same O.  Same problems.  

He only stated the obvious. He's the OL coach. He works for the OC. He works for the HC who okays the final roster. It's normal. I'm pretty sure that neither him nor McAdoo would come here if they were just to be ignored. You don't bring in veteran coaches just to ignore them and especially if your HC is still green. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

He only stated the obvious. He's the OL coach. He works for the OC. He works for the HC who okays the final roster. It's normal. I'm pretty sure that neither him nor McAdoo would come here if they were just to be ignored. You don't bring in veteran coaches just to ignore them and especially if your HC is still green. 

I don’t think anyone was ignored last year.  But the reporting on Rhule is he is simply a micromanager that is too involved.  Zebras don’t really change their stripes.  Rhule gonna Rhule. 

• Beer 1