• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletics final beat writer mock draft

Mr. Scot

Link here (subscription required): Beat Writer Mock Draft 2.0

Person has us trading down with the Eagles and selecting Kenny Pickett.

15. Carolina Panthers (from MIA via PHI*): Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh

Joe Person: With the top three tackles off the board, the Panthers were able to trade back and potentially find a middle ground among what is said to be some differing opinions in the Carolina front office. Matt Rhule gets the most pro-ready QB in what looks like a win-now year for the former college coach (who had a commitment from Pickett at Temple). And with the 51st pick, GM Scott Fitterer should be able to get an offensive tackle with upside (like Bernhard Raimann or Tyler Smith) or a second-day center or linebacker. And David Tepper gets a QB from his alma mater. And though Fitterer and Rhule checked out Pickett’s small hands during his pro day, he’ll be playing in a warm-weather city in a division where the other teams either play indoors or in Florida.

FYI: In this scenario, we also get pick #51 to use on an offensive lineman. The Eagles take Georgia pass rusher Travon Walker at the #6 pick.

• Pie 2

This isn't encouraging... I'm sorry I just don't get this love affair with Pickett and this "ready to play" narrative.. When it took him 5 years to be "ready to play" in college.. And no matter what I agree with Chris Simms.. Its going to be weird in Practice when teammates and coaches are going to notice the clear difference in how "Sam" throws runs and moves the Ball over Kenny...

Smh!!

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

This isn't encouraging... I'm sorry I just don't get this love affair with Pickett and this "ready to play" narrative.. When it took him 5 years to be "ready to play" in college.. And no matter what I agree with Chris Simms.. Its going to be weird in Practice when teammates and coaches are going to notice the clear difference in how "Sam" throws runs and moves the Ball over Kenny...

Smh!!

And he had the same OC as the year before unlike Joe Burrow. YIKES.