• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reading between the lines

NAS

I found it interesting that Tepper deferred many of the personnel questions around the draft and free agency to Fitterer.  It seems to me that Fitt is having an increasing role, if not fully controlling the roster.  Matt Rhule may still have final say but I think Fitt has more influence and leadership going forward than last year. 

• Pie 7

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

I found it interesting that Tepper deferred many of the personnel questions around the draft and free agency to Fitterer.  It seems to me that Fitt is having an increasing role, if not fully controlling the roster.  Matt Rhule may still have final say but I think Fitt has more influence and leadership going forward than last year. 

Tepper basically spent his entire time deflecting all questions.  I don't see it as much other than that.  

Sounds like Tepper is pretty involved in any major and important player.  So I would assume that includes the top draft picks. 

But maybe instead of Tepper and Rhule and it is now Tepper and the GM.  It sure looks like Matt Rhule is on the back burner.   No way to have faith in a HC and hide him the way the Panthers org has. 

• Pie 2

Tepper dodged a lot of questions but the one thing that he said, well there were a couple that stuck out, but the one that stuck out to me was when asked about the draft. He dodged at first but it was subtle and quick when he said it. "..this team has a lot of needs and we'll hopefully fill them in the draft."

And the biggest need they have, in my opinion, is QB. So he kind of tipped his hat. The pick is between QB, TOP LT, or if both are gone, Trade back. 

This means they are definitely drafting a QB. 

11 minutes ago, KBRed said:

I noticed he did say Fitt the whole presser, but threw in …”and the, and the coach” at the end of one of his responses. I found that to be telling. 

I noticed that as well. Scott and “the coach” didn’t start saying coach Rhule until the very end 

• Pie 2

A few things I liked..

1. Fitt is certainly in control..

2. His impatience and meddling has cost the team..

3. He's learned not to burn bridges before having a replacement in house..

4. Everybody realized not having experience on staff was a huge mistake when hiring a college coach with no experience..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1