• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - The Carolina Panthers select Ikem Ekwonu

Zod

8 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Selecting N.C. State’s OT  Ikem Ekwonu at No. 6 was a dream selection.There is no way that i though he would make it to us.

I was afraid we would do some type of dumb trade back to obtain more draft choices and was greatly relieved when that didn't happen.

The Panthers have the making now for a very good OL,something we have not had in a very long time.

It was leaked this morning that the Texans and Jets were taking the two cornerbacks. Once that happened, and Giants publicly wanting Neal and not the other two, the cards aligned for Carolina

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If Irving ends up starting at LT this season, I don't think Rhule makes it to the parking lot unscathed. 

I will loose it if Rhule starts that learning every position sh!t with him. Let him learn to play a NFL LT and that only for a season or two dammit. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If Irving ends up starting at LT this season, I don't think Rhule makes it to the parking lot unscathed. 

I swear I’m not trolling, but how long are his arms? I wouldn’t put it past rhule to double down on some garbage like that 

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

You won't like what you see. But now everyone will finally understand it wasn't the OL that was the problem for Darnold. It's between his ears.

They have to at the least get him some decent competition in the QB room and actually play him in preseason before trotting him out there when it matters. Automatic 5th year option and basically no preseason competition last year was the dumbest poo you could possibly think up

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Steve Smith is on the nfl network showing a lot of love for this pick.

But you may not want to hear what he says about the qb situation. 

I mean, the state of or QB situation is very obvious. Darnold is completely terrible and PJ couldn't make another roster.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, the state of or QB situation is very obvious. Darnold is completely terrible and PJ couldn't make another roster.

No he's advocating for Sam to get the start next season.  He prefers Jimmy G but it's a no go with the B word.

Heads will explode tomorrow when it's seen by folks in here.

You will be busy with the ban hammer. 

This was the strangest draft round 1 ever. Seemed like every team got exactly who they wanted even with all the trades. I knew we'd not get any trade offers Fitterer would like because most of the offensive players were still available and the top defensive players were gone. It was a matter of which LT we chose.

I'm excited it was Ickey. I'll bet Campen is happy too. And Bozeman can now concentrate on center. And Corbett can settle in at RG. It's like panning for gold in your favorite little creek and the flakes settle nicely in your pan.