• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier vs Matt Corral

Cdparr7

I hope not but if Rhule and co. don’t actually coach the kid up in a pro style offense then I could see it.

I don’t think Corral’s future is some RPO wizard. There’s talent there like his ability to throw a solid ball, his mobility, his pocket awareness, and his footwork to learn an NFL system.

It’s up to our coaching staff to teach him and up to Corral to learn.

13 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Before this thread gets carried away any further.

Corral played in the SEC and Grier played in the Big 12.

the defenses these two faced in college are two different things altogether.

I was just about to bring that up. I'd add that anyone trying to compare these college QBs based upon stats--especially stats alone, or stats without context--doesn't understand how to evaluate. Sure, experience, size and all that matters,but...you must look at the traits, and then try to compartmentalize and project. That's the secret sauce from what I've picked up over the years. 

There was nothing in Grier's play to assume he would ever amount to anything in the pros. All he cou look do was interview well, which was the only thing his drafting was based on. 

Corrall's play was definitely transferable to the pros. He's dynamic and did quite enough against better competition to show he could handle the NFL. Lots more to work with there than with Grier. 

Overall, just a lazy comparison.

• Pie 1