• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Carolina Panther's draft picks

5 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

Outside of Horn and Christensen (in a very limited capacity), I think it's bust city personally 

Tremble might find a spot as a blocker and Hubbard is about what you’d expect from a 4th round RB. But Marshall needs to show progress and deliver next season or that was a big waste of a pick. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Tremble might find a spot as a blocker and Hubbard is about what you’d expect from a 4th round RB. But Marshall needs to show progress and deliver next season or that was a big waste of a pick. 

He's probably a little nervous about Darnold and the hospital balls he tosses. 

Thank you for posting an actual topic.  Anyways,

JC Horn - Agree. Loved what I saw last year and I'm a big fan of Wilks. I have have high hopes for this guy. If we get a little pressure on the quarterback, he'll be outstanding.

T Marshall - Hero of preseason. Didn't show much during the season. Then again, not exactly in a great situation. I imagine he will improve and his production will as well. But hard to be other than disappointed when you had three running backs on the team with more receptions than he had. He might also be competing with the tight ends for catches more than our receivers typically have in years past

B. Christensen - mid round pick finally got a chance and looked serviceable at a position of dire need. offers good depth this year. As you say, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start somewhere, just don't know where. High value

T. Tremble - Big fan of this guy. I think a change of scheme could be huge for his production. Could be huge for Ian Thomas too for that matter.

C Hubbard - I don't know about this guy. ok production at a position that is easy to have a lot of production in. Willl be tough for him to see the field behind Cmac and Foreman. But he is great depth and that ain't bad for this late in the draft

D Nixon - Might get time because we are thin at DT. Would like to see more from him.

D. Brown - He really ended up being great value for where we got him. Should be good depth. I still like this pick. I would love to see him start, but I think he is more of a backup

S. Smith - doubtful we see too much from him this year unless injuries or he proves himself on special teams. I think there is too much competition at the skill positions

T Fletcher - Pro Bowl

P. Hoskins - like Nixon, I think he'll see decent time as a rotational guy. Solid late round pick. At the very least he's got a great Hogmolly name.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Taylor also got some playing time and should be in the mix (one hopes).  I think you have some contributors from '21.  Not all-pro type players but they can stick and give you a solid rotation.  Agree that Marshall needs to show something. 

• Beer 1

I’m still blindly on the Tremble train. That kid got a 30 yard pass, 2 pt conversion and touchdown his first 3 nfl touches. 

He’s a beast blocker and honestly better than where Kittle was at catching wise coming out.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

The Panthers haven't been "development central" since Rhule's been here. I had the same complaint about Rivera. If they weren't already developed, they weren't getting better. Of course, not having good vet leadership didn't help, either.

The 2021 draft has talent, but Rhule and his staff fumbled them around so badly, it's no surprise they didn't develop. Let's see what the new staff can accomplish.

• Beer 1

I think Nixon and Tremble should make some jumps in development. Tremble was pretty raw as a pass catcher coming out. The big one for me is Marshall. If Marshall can become a contributor on offense and eventually replace Robbie this draft could be decent. Our staff was looking to trade Robbie which might tell us they are confident in Marshall. 

Meh, some promise but at this point not looking great. Outside of Horn it's very blah overall and he needs ro stay healthy this year. I'm glad we didn't do quantity over quality again this year. Will BC make a big jump? I hope so. Can Tremble beat out Thomas who has done so little with his potential to date? Hubbard is set up for a chance to improve with a run heavy offense and the inevitable at that position. Marshall even show up this year? I hope so.

Not a great draft so far. Still has time but there is a lot that needs to happen for it to not be a 'not good' one.

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

HFS, those glasses are so rose colored it’s no wonder you can’t see through them that you’d even suggest that Hubbard should be the RB over CMC.

If you factor in when CMC goes to IR it is kind of true in a fall into it in a backwards way.

14 hours ago, Steves89 said:

T. Tremble - Big fan of this guy. I think a change of scheme could be huge for his production. Could be huge for Ian Thomas too for that matter.

McAdoo uses the tight end in his offense. (or so I have heard) Tremble should have much better numbers this year.  I think he is under valued as a receiver.  Also as you said I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas do well in this offense too.

14 hours ago, Steves89 said:

C Hubbard - I don't know about this guy. ok production at a position that is easy to have a lot of production in. Willl be tough for him to see the field behind Cmac and Foreman. But he is great depth and that ain't bad for this late in the draft

Hubbard had 3.6 yards per carry behind the worst line in the NFL.  I think given a better offensive line he is going to have a much better YPC in 2022.  The trio of CMC, Foreman and Hubbard is going to give McAdoo fresh legs each game.  Plus each RB has their own unique skill set which will also give McAdoo a variety of ways to use them.  I like our RB room. 

• Pie 3